$275

jcolley
10+ year member

Michigan
I'm looking to spend up to about $275 for sub(s) for my car. I'd like them to be more sq oriented than spl, but pretty much in the middle between the two if possible. I will be listening primarily to rock in nearly all of its many varieties. For a few months, I'll probably have about 1500 watts (from a cheap amp) to run them with until I can afford buying a nice amp. Recently I've been looking at 2 12" Diamond Audio D3's. Do the Diamonds sound like a good idea? Other suggestions?

I never knew of Kicker making subs that have very good sq. Am I completely wrong by that? I don't know if I would be able to fit 4 8's in my car very easily (looking at numbers in a couple minutes to see). I guess that I forgot to mention it in my first post, but even though I know I can get good deals on products that are still in perfect working condition, I don't like buying used stuff too much. Idk why but it's just not for me right now. Looking at the RE's.

OK, I just went through numbers and I guess that I can fit 4 8's with about 1/4" space between sides of the box and the subs and 1/2" space between the subs, but like I said, I'm not too fond of buying used.

OK, I just went through numbers and I guess that I can fit 4 8's with about 1/4" space between sides of the box and the subs and 1/2" space between the subs, but like I said, I'm not too fond of buying used.
I know how you feel on that, but these particular 8's are not available new anymore, and I don't know of any other 8's that would compete in that price range.

Yeah, I doubt that I'm going to find any 8's that'll work as nicely as those will, but I'm avoiding buying used still. Sorry. I really wish I knew how stupid I am being right now... Maybe when I have all of the money I need in hand, I'll look to see if you still have them for sale.

OK, so it seems like that RE SE is a favored choice. One twelve tuned to 30-32 ish at around 2.0-2.5 cu. ft. sounds about like what you guys are thinking?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jcolley

10+ year member
jcolley
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from