250amp breaker keeps popping but others dont?

havent really used a breaker for that large of a load.. anyone have information about the fact that they degrade over time? it makes sense if you think about the contacts, but meh..

its the same way here with fuses and ****, no one has 0 gauge of anything. very rarely will a shop have the big install guys need, or even the intermediate guys who do their **** right..

havent really used a breaker for that large of a load.. anyone have information about the fact that they degrade over time? it makes sense if you think about the contacts, but meh..
its the same way here with fuses and ****, no one has 0 gauge of anything. very rarely will a shop have the big install guys need, or even the intermediate guys who do their **** right..
Yes..very sad! BUT i also love the fact that i can smash just about any build round here buy at least 15db lol

Cracks me up giving demos to these people here who dropped several grand at the local shop for a few w7s and a jl amp or two running on stock elec...they brag all day long about how their w7s absolutely kill anything around...then i drown out their system at full tilt with mine at half volume and watch the smiles fade away.

Also watching people freak out and bail on demos..never gets old.

Kids here think if their system can shake their mirrors or high school tassle that the shits beast....im like, call me when ur wipers are bouncing an inch off the widshield or u break a latch on the door lol

I suppose if i ever had any competition round here i might actually care about competing...i just cant afford to take off work and drive 8+ hrs to go to shows.

Also i hate showing off a half finished build. I still have a LOT of sanding and glassing on my doors, dash, center console, and headliner b4 ill be satisfied enuff to be proud to show it off. Its loud now but looks like crap if u ask me. I just get impatient lol

Yes..very sad! BUT i also love the fact that i can smash just about any build round here buy at least 15db lolCracks me up giving demos to these people here who dropped several grand at the local shop for a few w7s and a jl amp or two running on stock elec...they brag all day long about how their w7s absolutely kill anything around...then i drown out their system at full tilt with mine at half volume and watch the smiles fade away.

Also watching people freak out and bail on demos..never gets old.

Kids here think if their system can shake their mirrors or high school tassle that the shits beast....im like, call me when ur wipers are bouncing an inch off the widshield or u break a latch on the door lol

I suppose if i ever had any competition round here i might actually care about competing...i just cant afford to take off work and drive 8+ hrs to go to shows.

Also i hate showing off a half finished build. I still have a LOT of sanding and glassing on my doors, dash, center console, and headliner b4 ill be satisfied enuff to be proud to show it off. Its loud now but looks like crap if u ask me. I just get impatient lol
yeah i have no doubt you're getting loud with that combo

the best part is just the fact that they think they're what loud is lol i listened to 160s a few times and afterwards get in my truck and i expect it to be completely different but im also louder than most of these w7 people you're talking about still. metered some ****** score like a 141 but i was metering at 28 not my peak up higher because my filters were effed, sounds about the same as a 145

you're also running two 7-8k's at .5 with the proper electrical..

itd just be nice to see people doing actual builds with real equipment. everyone feels like they're limited by the shops 4 gauge and **** selection.... but theyre too stupid to look around!

yeah i have no doubt you're getting loud with that combo
the best part is just the fact that they think they're what loud is lol i listened to 160s a few times and afterwards get in my truck and i expect it to be completely different but im also louder than most of these w7 people you're talking about still. metered some ****** score like a 141 but i was metering at 28 not my peak up higher because my filters were effed, sounds about the same as a 145

you're also running two 7-8k's at .5 with the proper electrical..

itd just be nice to see people doing actual builds with real equipment. everyone feels like they're limited by the shops 4 gauge and **** selection.... but theyre too stupid to look around!
Yeah they only seem to know about a few brands...kicker, mtx, fosgate, jl, memphis and audiopipe is bout it.

Ive only met 3 people here who ever even heard of sundown and 2 of em were girls lol

So needless to say they have never heard of dd, dc, american bass, fi, or any of the many other options out there that cost the same or less than jl and fosgate yet absolutely smash their asses in spl and sq.

I hear allllll the time dudes talking about how their shits so loud u cant breath lol then i hear it and im like...ur **** dont even move enough air to put a lighter out let alone take ur breath away..even breaking 60 i can still breath, granted its a bit hard sometimes and breathing through ur nose is almost impossible but non the less u can still breath. People like to exaggerate a bit too much!

Just food for thought

You are running 500a of breaker to each amp

They do at least 6000w each (more at .5ohm)

6000/14v is 428A

428A • 80% efficiency (I'm being generous too) = 535A draw

You are most likely over your 500A breakers rating if you give on it at all

And that's if you can keep your voltage above 14v

Just food for thoughtYou are running 500a of breaker to each amp

They do at least 6000w each (more at .5ohm)

6000/14v is 428A

428A • 80% efficiency (I'm being generous too) = 535A draw

You are most likely over your 500A breakers rating if you give on it at all

And that's if you can keep your voltage above 14v
For starters thats why i explained already why i havnt turned it up past 3/4 volume nor turned gain up at all really...im not pulling anywhere near 500 amps yet...right at 400.

Also these are scv..capped voltage amps designed specifically for a real world 12v system. They shine at resting power just as well as the ns1 shines at higher 14.4voltage.

I know i need another 300 amp alt to feed them the power they need to actually come alive and when i add that alt im gonna up the fuses to 300 amp so 600 amps each.

And the fact that only 1 breaker on only one terminal of one amp blew tells me that they are def bot getting over 500 amps draw or they all would have popped.

And its also always the same breaker so that could meanonly 1 thing (in my professional opinion at least lol) that either its a weak/faulty breaker or i have a bad ground. But ive now ruled out the grpund issue because i forgot i have the amps grounded to the bus bar on the batt bank and the batt bank is grpunded to the frame and front battery...so that leaves faulty breaker as the culprit

Idk though about the fuse rating when i add the other alt because i wanna pull every last ounce of power from it but then again am worried i may smoke an amp lol

I know the scv4000 was dyno tested at .5 and did i believe 8088 watts on a burst at 13.5ish volts...over double rated power...granted its an extremely quick burst/burp but id like to have it if needed.

And the thought that if the 4k did 8088 the 6 k should do around 13000k on a quick burst...giving me a total of 26k which is insane!

So if i fuse it at 600amps that will limit it potential...so idk, im up in the air...the absolute most id see myself fusing it would be 800amps per amp. Dont really see a benifet of going much higher...risk outweighs the reward!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.