2022 Toyota Hybrid Camry Amp Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Silencewithin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, looking to do a Sub / amp install in my new Camry 2 10” SA V2 D4 Sundown’s with a Sundown SIA-1750 amp. My concern is that I’m going to be over working the charging system in the the car. So my question is what the best way to wire up the system without putting a lot of stress on the system. Dual battery? Battery / Big cap? Big Cap before and after battery? I’m new to the hybrid world so it’s throwing me off.

Owning a hybrid. I too would look for more juice if I were you. I don''t see why you can't get a smaller AGM battery and use it tap off-of-that and use a charger at home to bring it back up while parked at night. Only issue I see is there is only one vent for batteries in the trunk. Maybe you can t-into that vent. Another issue is you would need to take the 12v power and either power anew amp, or running the old power would probably be very difficult because of the wiring in the car and info going to the HeadUnit in these cars. I bet that a very good auto stereo shop that does custom stereo work would know. But as usual, nothing is free. I could not recommend any shop, wish I could. If it wasn't a hybrid I would be temped to say run an inverter, but on 2nd thought the electronic alternator generation noise feeding the power would be terrible. The battery can act as a noise filter. and also as a buffer for over voltage. I think that is enough to chew on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...