2016 Tacoma 4door builds?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigblackdodge

Senior VIP Member
I just bought a 16 Tacoma 4 door Wednesday. My first new vehicle. I love it and everything but I would like to give it a little more lower end bass that the factory system doesn't have. I don't care about loudness, just don't want sub's bottoming out on lower notes like how door speakers do. I want it out of sight but not out of mind lol. Does anyone have experience with these truck yet? Prefer behind the back seat. I have a pair of sd-2's I can use. Or just a single one. Also keeping the stock HU/screen

Any help? I seen that the 16 Tacoma's are a nearly identical behind the rear seat compared to the previous generation Tacoma's. My sd2 8's are too tall. Any recommendations?

Also what is a good line converter WITH a remote output? im not replaceing the factory HU.

do the pair of subs in the rear area behind the seat on the driver side. i know a lot are opposed to a sealed enclosure but they work well in those small areas. i have done a couple '15 tacoma trucks with much success using sealed enclosures and a pair of 10" subs. nice truck and good choice on the color.

do the pair of subs in the rear area behind the seat on the driver side. i know a lot are opposed to a sealed enclosure but they work well in those small areas. i have done a couple '15 tacoma trucks with much success using sealed enclosures and a pair of 10" subs. nice truck and good choice on the color.
Thanks! Any suggestion on what sub's? Is there a shallow 10 that doesn't sound like poo? know of a good high to low converter with a remote for the amp?

i have used the jl audio flat subs and the mtx flat subs in those locations and have had good results. they are not crazy amounts of bass like removing the seats and building a large ported enclosure but the bass was not that bad. they hit the lows pretty good because i could build a little larger than the subs called for. been installed for a cpl years with not issues with the mtx subs and just under a year with the new jl flat subs. friends are happy too. im sure some will flame the sub options but they worked for us.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.