2008 Mazda 3 with Bose upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

Intended

So I have a couple of questions. Currently I have a 2008 Mazda 3 GT with Bose, with the setup I have a 12" Rockford Fosgate P3, and I'm planning on upgrading my speakers. First what id like to know is if anyone knows if I have to get a new headunit, id like to keep the stock headunit however if I have to get a new one I will. If I do need to I'd like to get a double din so double din suggestions welcomed. If I don't have to how much quality difference is there. My plan is to get the Hertz HSK 165's and getting some other co-axle speaker for the rear doors and getting a 4 channel amp to power them all. So what are some good headunits for good prices. I currently have about $700, the 165's are $300-$350 and the amp I'm getting from my friend is another $100 so that leaves $300-$250 for a new headunit and probably sound deadining for the front doors maybe rear plus what ever connectors/wiring for the amp and speakers to connect everything up. Thanks

Replacing the head unit will be a big step up in quality. It also makes it an easier install. I'm a Mazda tech, so I'm familiar with their audio systems.

Before you begin, you need to do a little research. If at all possible, you want the new radio to be comparable with everything the stock unit does, like steering wheel buttons. If you call a place like Crutchfield, they'll tell you exactly what you need to get.

*** When you go to pull your old radio, you need to find the "secret screw". Otherwise, you'll go crazy trying to pry it out. Look the radio over on the sides and rear, and you'll find a 10mm bolt fastened to either the radio, or one of the radio mounting brackets. Remove it and don't reinstall it withe new unit. Before you start working on the car, remove the negative battery terminal and let the car for 10 to 15 minutes.

Yeah I had that problem taking it out, I am currently using the PAC LOC for my signal for my subwoofer. Will a new headunit also increase subwoofer quality? Also what's a headunit that you'd recommend? What about Eonon HU's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.