2004 grand prix power for 3600rms

Participant count
  • Participant list

TIG
10+ year member

I was going to have my alt built to 200amp but apparently the guy cant get the parts so now Im looking into other options. I have my stock battery as well as a svr audio battery that will be in the trunk. I was debating on running duel stock alts which would give me between 260 and 300 amps. My stock alt in the dino does 150amps. Im just not sure that I have room to run 2 and an aftermarket ho alt is way out of my price range.

You guys have any ideas

save money and do it right.

Call up Ohio Generator and get a quote then save money and buy it. My wife's has a Grand Prix GT2 for a daily driver and we use the Ohio alt and 2 Dekas out back...works great and she has around 4000ish rms.(about to down grade to 2500ish though).

If you don't have the funds to run that much rms then don't run it.

I just got off the phone with the guy and he said he found me parts to do 215amp. Will that be enough?

Also pro-rabbit, I thought your wife was running 1500rms.

I understand the dont run that kind of rms but I kinda have to to compete. Im trying to get things gathered up to put this together. I have amps, wiring, batteries, wiring. All im missing is the alt.

I just got off the phone with the guy and he said he found me parts to do 215amp. Will that be enough?
Also pro-rabbit, I thought your wife was running 1500rms.

I understand the dont run that kind of rms but I kinda have to to compete. Im trying to get things gathered up to put this together. I have amps, wiring, batteries, wiring. All im missing is the alt.

My wife has more amps then I do and changes product all the time. Right now she has more RMS power then I do haha.

pro rabbit i want your wife...
Accepting bids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Personally I would run more battery power for that RMS. Something like 2 Deka 9a31s or something(they are cheap if you buy seconds on here)

What amp(s) are you wanting to run?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.