2003 suburban, new head unit, lots of static. 0 volume issue.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Amiotto11

Hi all I'm new to the forum, been searching everywhere for a solution and ultimately had to resort to writing up the problem. I have a 2003 suburban 2500 with factory bose audio and amp. I installed a new 7" touchscreen and there is quite a bit of static as well as the volume not muting after it has been turned down to 0. Otherwise the sound plays fine. It makes no difference what input is being used. I have already tried isolating the wires from RF interference as well as trying several different grounds which also made no difference. Thanks for reading.

Hi all I'm new to the forum, been searching everywhere for a solution and ultimately had to resort to writing up the problem. I have a 2003 suburban 2500 with factory bose audio and amp. I installed a new 7" touchscreen and there is quite a bit of static as well as the volume not muting after it has been turned down to 0. Otherwise the sound plays fine. It makes no difference what input is being used. I have already tried isolating the wires from RF interference as well as trying several different grounds which also made no difference. Thanks for reading.
Rca's. Had the same issue a few times and each time was rca's. What's the brand ty have now? Are they twisted?
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rca's. Had the same issue a few times and each time was rca's. What's the brand ty have now? Are they twisted?
So you think I should connect the speakers to the head unit using rca's? I'm not sure how to do that. It currently uses the stock speaker wires.

So you think I should connect the speakers to the head unit using rca's? I'm not sure how to do that. It currently uses the stock speaker wires.
Oh I'm sorry. Your just running the speakers off the head unit.
In that case, I would try different ground locations. If that doesn't clear it up it may be a bad unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.