2003 mitsubishi eclipse installing new deck, amp, sub into infinity audio system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

brockmo
10+ year member

first off i dont know 100% if it is an infinity audio system... i think it came standard but its an 03 eclipse RS and i read it may have been optional? i dont know... regardless... there are 2 front 2 rear speakers and the front right is blown so at the least ill replace that as well..

but ive been reading you need a special wiring harness or it gets a little complicated if you want to bypass the stock infinity amp? im a total noob... but couldnt i power the 4 speakers with the deck (50 x 4) and then use my amp to power the sub? will i still need a "bypass"?? i dont get why..? ive never wired a car... dont plan on it.. have a few friends that know how to but im trying to understand what ill need and everything.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.