2003 GMC Yukon Bose Factory speaker upgrade

Participant count
  • Participants list

VikingFanAZ

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have an 03 yukon with Bose factory speakers, sub, and amp, and running a Pioneer double din head unit.  As of now I don't have the money to get a new amp and bypass the bose factory amp, but am wondering if I replace the front factory speakers with something mid-range price if I would hear any noticeable improvement?

I'm kind of a newbie, so sorry if this is a repeat question.

THANKS!

Hello,

I have an 03 yukon with Bose factory speakers, sub, and amp, and running a Pioneer double din head unit.  As of now I don't have the money to get a new amp and bypass the bose factory amp, but am wondering if I replace the front factory speakers with something mid-range price if I would hear any noticeable improvement?

I'm kind of a newbie, so sorry if this is a repeat question.

THANKS!
no worries about a repeat question, we SQUIRREL threads here all the time anyways.

the problem youre going to run into with replacing those blows, i mean Bose speakers is they LOVE to use weird impedance drivers. The ones i took out of my old Infiniti were 3 ohm ? and the amp they use to drive them is pretty specific to only liking a very specific impedance. You might be able to get away with it, but if the amp blows, youll know why. You could just wire around the amp on whichever channels youre replacing the speakers on with jumpers over the amp. Not tough at all to do as long as you can find the amp and bypass the right wires

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.