2002 Mitsubishi Galant Electrical Issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jsabia85

NY,NY
I am having an electrical issue with my 2002 Mitsubishi Galant. A few weeks ago the fuse for my radio blew. This particular fuse controls my radio, overhead light, door locks and also hold the Odometers trip information. The door locks only work when they car is on. But unfortunately when I replace the fuse, it keeps blowing. 2 weeks ago, I completely disconnected almost everything I can think of one by one. As soon as I disconnected something I would pop a fuse in to see if it would blow or not.

I disconnected my radio, overhead lights, tail lights, door harnesses, amplifier and also my alarm. I popped a fuse in and it continued to blow. I decides to completely disconnect the battery and the ECU for about 5 minutes and then I put a fuse in and it DID NOT blow. SO i started connecting everything back 1 by 1 and it didnt blow. SO finally everything was good until today, the fuse blew again and continues to blow.

This time when I got home, I disconnected the battery, ecu and plugged in another fuse, reconnected everything and it still blew. Then I disconnected the door harnesses and put in another fuse and it didnt blow. Connected the passenger side, didnt blow, then i connected the drivers side and that when it blew. But i tested again by disconnecting the drivers side harness, put another fuse in and it blew. SO i have no clue where the short is coming from.

Does anybody have any ideas on where the problem can be?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.