2002 dodge ram quad cab build

BeastieDodge

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys I am going to be building a ported box for my 2 american bass HD 15s in my 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab and I was wanting some ideas and pointers on how I should go about building it also I wanted to build another single 15 ported box for a orion hcca 15 5000 watt sub or put all 3 in the same box I just dont know if all 3 will work together please help me out thanks

Don’t put them in the same box and honestly you don’t want to mix subs in your build at all. Roll with the HD 15s. Have you built a box before and where is the box going in your truck? Quad cab?

Its goin in the back where the seats were.and yes I already build a box for the Orion 15 but I was just trying to get a little more in my truck....... also quad cab mean 4 door I took the rear seats out

You’ll have plenty of room them which is good. Best advice for sure us to build a box only for the HD’s and remove the Orion setup. What advice are you looking for exactly?

Like dimensions, how I should port it, size of the box/ port, should the port be rectangle or circle, the length and width, should I put braces supports in the box , the length and width of my box ,the box design. Ideas I could use I already have a 3 15 box I could use I just was thinking about cutting the 3rd 1 off and then make a port and put the 2 hds alone in it and make a different 1 for the orion I have MDF wood just want some ideas I wanna be around 40 hz also I will put the hds which are dual 2 ohm subs on a audiopipe 3k the long monster at 2 ohms or put then on my skar rp2000 idk yet use them both for diff setups but thats why I said putting orion with them might help because it will bring them down to 1ohm because the Orion is a dual 4 ohmnsub and hds dual 2 ohm so I can wire both hds up then to each other which will put then at 2 ohm then wire orion down to 2 ohm the to hds to make 1 ohm so I can pull more power outta amp but the audiopipe is 3k at 2 ohms so I'm not sure which 1 I'd go with for this setup so just throw some ideas out at me I'll send a photo off my box so you have more of an idea of the 3 15 box I'm working with but thank you for helping I can either cut the 3rd hole off and make a port for a 2 15 ported box for hds or put I wall between hds and orion in same box

You will screw some stuff up trying to wire different voice coils together. It’s a terrible idea to mix subs in a setup. A local guy has 2 12s and a 10 in the same box and sure it gets loud but it sounds like a fart cannon. Just focus on building a proper ported box for the HD’s only. I personally like using aero ports as you can experiment with different tuning to see what works best for your application. Go to the12volt.com and find the enclosure calculator. Put in your max dimensions and go from there. You can pay for someone to design you a box or some may even do it for free.

What is your electrical like?

Looks great, you've done a good job taking care of it. You can stave off the rust as long as possible with yearly applications of used oil or Fluid Film. I've never really liked the big American flags sticking out of beds but it certainly attracts attention if that's what you're after.

thats why I said putting orion with them might help because it will bring them down to 1ohm because the Orion is a dual 4 ohmnsub and hds dual 2 ohm so I can wire both hds up then to each other which will put then at 2 ohm then wire orion down to 2 ohm the to hds to make 1 ohm so I can pull more power outta amp
If the Orion is dual 4's, and the other subs are dual 2's, the Orion will only see half the power the other subs will. That will only increase the interference you will experience from trying to couple the outputs of different sizes and brands of subs. You are getting good advice from people saying to only run one brand of subs, and you seem to be pretty much ignoring it. These guys are right, you will not see the advantages you think you will by tossing in a random 3rd sub, and you will creates some problems you don't seem to realize. So let me be the third person here to say.... ditch the Orion. And build a new box from scratch, that 3-15's box is only tempting you to make a bad decision, and it's likely not to the optimal specs anyway.

Like dimensions, how I should port it, size of the box/ port, should the port be rectangle or circle, the length and width, should I put braces supports in the box , the length and width of my box ,the box design. Ideas I could use I already have a 3 15 box I could use I just was thinking about cutting the 3rd 1 off and then make a port and put the 2 hds alone in it and make a different 1 for the orion I have MDF wood just want some ideas I wanna be around 40 hz also I will put the hds which are dual 2 ohm subs on a audiopipe 3k the long monster at 2 ohms or put then on my skar rp2000 idk yet use them both for diff setups but thats why I said putting orion with them might help because it will bring them down to 1ohm because the Orion is a dual 4 ohmnsub and hds dual 2 ohm so I can wire both hds up then to each other which will put then at 2 ohm then wire orion down to 2 ohm the to hds to make 1 ohm so I can pull more power outta amp but the audiopipe is 3k at 2 ohms so I'm not sure which 1 I'd go with for this setup so just throw some ideas out at me I'll send a photo off my box so you have more of an idea of the 3 15 box I'm working with but thank you for helping I can either cut the 3rd hole off and make a port for a 2 15 ported box for hds or put I wall between hds and orion in same box
This thinking sounds like an Epic fail ^^^^.
I suppose its better than most people tryin' to make a ram style Foxbox work for Hi-power subs.
Seriously... those 2 HD 15's on a legit amp will get down and probably be enough.
Or lose the HD's and grab another Hcca maybe?

If the Orion is dual 4's, and the other subs are dual 2's, the Orion will only see half the power the other subs will. That will only increase the interference you will experience from trying to couple the outputs of different sizes and brands of subs. You are getting good advice from people saying to only run one brand of subs, and you seem to be pretty much ignoring it. These guys are right, you will not see the advantages you think you will by tossing in a random 3rd sub, and you will creates some problems you don't seem to realize. So let me be the third person here to say.... ditch the Orion. And build a new box from scratch, that 3-15's box is only tempting you to make a bad decision, and it's likely not to the optimal specs anyway.
That's why I'm wanting to cut the 3rd hole off and make a port for the box I just was wondering the design I should go with

You will screw some stuff up trying to wire different voice coils together. It’s a terrible idea to mix subs in a setup. A local guy has 2 12s and a 10 in the same box and sure it gets loud but it sounds like a fart cannon. Just focus on building a proper ported box for the HD’s only. I personally like using aero ports as you can experiment with different tuning to see what works best for your application. Go to the12volt.com and find the enclosure calculator. Put in your max dimensions and go from there. You can pay for someone to design you a box or some may even do it for free.

What is your electrical like?
I'm good on my voltage but thanks I appreciate your advice I'm goin to check that 12volt.com out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.