2001 Ford Explorer help (full sound sys)

CaptainCool08
10+ year member

ok well about half a year ago I was going to do my sound system in my car for $2,000 but that ended up falling through since I couldn't work up the money due to summer school //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif . SO! I'm back and looking for a system again and need some idea.

I like all sorts of music but I like it loud and filled with bass. right now everything in my car is completely stock and I need to do something. I found the list of what I was thinking of getting last time but I don't know from what site and I don't know what car sites are reliable since I'm not really into the scene so if you could link or any better ideas that would be great.

I WILL HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE DO THE INSTALL FOR ME SINCE I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WIRING OR STEREOS! please keep this in mind with any upgrades and ideas.

ALSO WANT SIRIUS RADIO

Speakers: $218.00 (that's total price for 2 sets)

Infinity Kappa 682.7cf 6" x 8"

Speaker Amp: $199.00

Kicker 04KX350.4 4-channel Amp

Subs: $518.00 (total price for 2 subs)

Kicker 06S12L7-2 12" Solo-Baric L7's

Sub Amp: $359.00

Kicker 06ZX1000.1 Mono 1000W Amp

Deck: $349.99

Alpine CDA-9857

i'd shift the focus to the front stage and run good components up there and not worry about the rear door speakers.

The other stuff is all good choices

it will be really key to build a proper enclosure for those subs

I have owned infinity speakers, and I wasn't fully satisfied with them. Their speakers are too bright. There's too much highs and not enough mids on their speakers. I would recommend switching to something else.

well to be honest my friend has a stock speaker system and with the new deck it sounds fine. he has installed a bxi1206d amp and a 12'' type R. off 900 watts we got his roof to wave. when volume is at 1/2 you can easily here the subs inside a house when your parked outside. here is a vid of it. sorry and the audio. i am going to refilm it today.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1596253611

i think that you should find all that a littler cheaper. you can get a cheaper amp to handle those. and the head unit you can get cheaper. you need to save money and get your car sound dampened. it well be the best upgrade for your system.

i think that you should find all that a littler cheaper. you can get a cheaper amp to handle those. and the head unit you can get cheaper. you need to save money and get your car sound dampened. it well be the best upgrade for your system.
sound dampener? i would spend the money to make the system louder.

i'd shift the focus to the front stage and run good components up there and not worry about the rear door speakers.
The other stuff is all good choices

it will be really key to build a proper enclosure for those subs
whats up dude, havent talked to you in a while...lol

to the OP though, i like the new L7s. one of my friends has a 15 and the other has 2 12's....i like how they sound.

i have an 05 15" l7 (running on 1200 watts) and my stock speakers in my expedition (with the mach 460) are drowned out by bass and cant hear the music. to fit those 6.5 components in your car buy these which is what i have in the expy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150050157352

if you want, im selling my l7 cheap because i wanna buy a dual 2 and i have a dual 4. im sure it would be more than enough bass for you in the proper enclosure

seeing as I can't install anything myself, what exactly do I need to buy? do I just need to get the main things like amp subs speakers deck and what not or do I need like kits to mount the deck or w/e? will I need to buy the adapter or would an installation place do it?

also does anyone know any good place to get installation done in northern Illinois? I don't think Best Buy is going to be cheap hah.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.