2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L

Participant count
  • Participant list

FadedSpy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
This is my first build thread. I'm new to the hobby but I've learned a ton from you guys and about picked MyLows10's brain to death but it's all starting to come together.

I have been taking pictures of my progress and asking for advice along the way. I'm off to a pretty good start but I've got along way to go and I think I need a second job now too?!?!

Anyway... I started on the forum looking for woofer ideas. I had a Brutus BRZ2400.1D that was blown and I was going to try to sell it to find a smaller amp. I was given Steve's name from Amp Medics and $110 later I had my Brutus back and better than ever. So In the meanwhile I decided to purchase two 12" AB XFL's from MyLows. While I'm waiting on the subs I went ahead and built a box and an amp rack. I know neither are great but I think they'll function well enough for my first build.

I was shooting for a 4 cube box tuned to 33 hz and I think I'm pretty close to it with what I ended up with...

Next it was onto the Amp Rack, or a sheet of wood with amp screwed to it, lol. I've had this 4 Channel Sony amp for about 15 years and it's only like 100x4 but it's pretty bad *** still so that's what I'll be using for now. I had purchased 2 Kenwood 6.5" 3-Ways a couple years ago for the front door speakers because they were blown when I got the car. A friend of mine gave me a pair of free Sony 6x9's to put in the rear deck. I left the Infinity door Tweeters and the Center Dash speaker hooked up to my speaker wires coming out of the back of the deck and the other 4 component speakers are running off of the Sony Amp. It makes my ears bleed when I turn it up so I think they'll keep up with the XFL's just fine. I am wondering however if at some point I should ditch the 6.5" 3-ways and replace them with 6.5" Woofers and then replace the 6x9's in the back with 8" woofers for midbass and leave the tweeters and dash speaker as my highs? Not sure exactly what I'll do, It's not really that high on the list right now considering I'll most likely need a HO Alternator and/or 2nd battery for 2500 watts of extra stuff in there...Here's a couple pictures of my amp rack/board

I still have another coat of paint to put on the sub box and then I have to disconnect all of my wires from the amp rack and paint it as well. I also need to figure out a way to add my digital volt meter to the rack so I can monitor voltage levels as my current alternator only kicks out 130 amps...

Just a little update. I fabricated this MDF panel for a voltmeter I got off of an auction site for very cheap. I bought this meter a while ago and just decided to put it in. I have it run back to the +/- on my Brutus so I can monitor the voltage going to the amp.

3CDAA5A3-C2D9-4A77-A0E2-583A67CD5C8B_zpsnazooeu4.jpg'%20alt='3CDAA5A3-C2D9-4A77-A0E2-583A67CD5C8B_zpsnazooeu4.jpg'>

So I re-did a few things, the install is complete. I just wanted to show off a lil bit. I'm kinda proud of my very first install. Turned out pretty professional looking I think...

0142_zpscf2a8623.jpg

007_zps422ab838.jpg

048_zps7193738a.jpg

071_zps53f8efc4.jpg

The above picture...My AGM Group 31 is under the 4 channel Sony amp. The board is now carpeted and I have a separate board for my VFL 150.1 that I need to snap a few pictures of

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.