$200 HU - recommendations.

-Juggernaut-
10+ year member

I'm trying to decide on a HU, my budget is around $200......

I've been looking at the Alpine CDA-105, but wondering if there is something better in that price range.

My MAIN needs are, MP3, USB, and outputs for my amps.... dont need bluetooth, or any other "extras" like that.

Any recommendations, or should I stick with getting the Alpine?

I have a Pioneer DEH-P6000UB. They were recently $150 on crutchfield, but now are discontinued. That was the best deal on a HU ever. If you can still find one for that price, go for it. Within $200, Alpine's EQ is terrible, it only has bass and treble. You can't afford imprint so if an EQ means a lot, don't get an Alpine. I'd lean either Alpine or Pioneer, but for $200, Pioneer will get you a lot more.

i recomend finding a good used deck. You can get the pioneer 880 for very close to that price used.

This is true as well. I like my 800, which functions identically to the 880 (I believe the only difference is the color of the unit and the 800 has a copper plated chassis), way more than my GF's 693. If you want to go used, go for the 880. If you want new, go with the 693.

But I think it must be cheaper than Alpine HU, it's only $130 totally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
It's got to be maybe 1/5 the quality of he Alpine as well. You're obviously a sales rep, pushing garbage. Ive seen multiple posts by you pushing these products.

But I think it must be cheaper than Alpine HU, it's only $130 totally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
When he said "knock off" he meant its a POS compared to Alpine.

my buddy just got one. (the kenwood) we're both very impressed with it for the price of it.

im about to replace my 9885 with one, because it fully sounds better and seems to be built better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.