200 eclipse GT

palmy

i AM TRYING TO WIRE IN AN AMPLIFIER FOR MY CAR. I have run my wires but am unable to figure out which lines I need to tap into. I have taken readings on the four wires coming out of the deck and all of them read voltage. I need to know what wires I can use to wire in my amp for the speakers. its a 2000 GT eclipse with a tape deck/4 disc factory cd changer if that helps. Thanks fella's.

What wires have you run? Power wires from your battery?

You will need a RCA line converter to wire your speakers to your amplifier. The only other thing you should connect to on the stock head unit is the power antenna lead which you will hook up to your "remote on" lead on your amplifier. If this is not available you must find your accessory lead that powers up your head unit only when the car ignition is turned on. So use your DVM to find a lead that only has a voltage present when the ignition key is in the on position. You should not power your amp through the power leads supplied for your head unit. Also, make sure connect all your grounds in one location.

The 3G Eclipse wiring is pretty funky if you're new. These particular cars have an amp that is external to the headunit. Your factory amp is underneath the passenger seat. There is a low voltage signal wire (round, black wire, with a round connector on it) that runs from the headunit to the amp. Then, there is a 20-22 pin DIN connector coming out of the amp. This is where all of your speakers attach. You must remember that this car has 5 speakers from the factory and each one has seperate wires running to the amp. Plus, the front left and front center speakers are series'd together. Then the front right and front center are series'd together as well.

Last fall, I completely rewired the entire audio system in my 2003 GT. Then, I installed a heatunit in my friends 2000 GT where I had to bypass the factory amp. You wanna walk about the hardest HU install imaginable, there you go. A 30min job took 3hrs. I had to use a 9v battery to individually test each lead on the DIN connector to find which wires go to what speakers. It was a mess. My car was simple, rip out the old and replace with new. New HU, amp, and speakers. All new wiring to the speakers and all. The factory amp and HU are sitting in my attic right now collecting dust. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.