2 sq hds15s vs ppi bk1800?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I see these subs claim only 600 rms but with a 2.5 inch coil I thought maybe they were under rated? Could I run two safely on a ppi bk 1800?
Yeah that shouldn't be a problem. 900 watts should be easy for them. Just make sure your not clipping, set the gain correctly

I see these subs claim only 600 rms but with a 2.5 inch coil I thought maybe they were under rated? Could I run two safely on a ppi bk 1800?
yea your good. im running 2400rms to a pair of the SQ Sdc2.5 15s(also "rated 600).... sq equipment is pretty much HIGHLY underrated... especially the subs

Do any of you guys KNOW how much power they are getting though? I can run a 5k on 2 of them and they could take it but that doesn't mean they are seeing 5k.

Not trying to be negative but I bet you would be surprised at how little power your amp is putting out in real life situations with rise.

Yes I think you will be fine running the BK1800 but I would use an Oscope and DMM to set gains.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.