2 Solo-Barics or 8 Volfenhags?

orion4me
10+ year member

This question should show my inexperience in car audio. I have the oppurtunity to either purchase 2 Solo-Baric L7 15" subs with the new fosgate 800.2 amp or 8 Volfenhag 12" subs with the Boss 3000 watt (one ohm stable) amp. They are about the same price. Which is better for sq and spl? I have room for the 8 in my explorer, so that is not the problem. Please help. TR:)

Volfenhags are awsome subs.......if you like SH*T, stick with name brands

Mos-deff go with the L7's, in other post about Volfenhags Zane has pionted out how similar they are to Pyramid Subs, aslo a friend of mine has 2 12" volfenhags and I wasnt impressed with the sound at all, and he actually liked the sound my kickers produced over his. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Good luck, any questions post it..........

i agree, get the kickers, however, the rf amp ISN"T a bad amp. you could probably put one on each sub though.

Thanks to everyone for your replys. Is there anybody in the world that likes Volfenhags? Also, is there an amp (reasonable priced) that can push the Solo-Barics to there abilities? Preferable under $500 on Ebay. Maybe an Orion 250 HCCA bridged and at 1 ohm? TR:D

If you want to do a lot of subs i second everyone on sayin stay away from the volfs. For about the same price you can get kicker comp vr's (145 for 2 12's) or even the comps (89 for 2 12's) those also dont need as much power and will perform much better.

later

That sounds like a good idea to me. But that creates another problem. I think that I have ditched both the Fosgate and the Boss amp. I am now leaning toward either the DEI Directed 1100d or the JBL 1200.1. I looked at the MTX 81000d but I think that I have ruled that out also. Is there a way to hook up 8 Comps or even 8 VR's? The comps are rated at 125 wrms. I think that either of these amps would toast them. Let me know. Thanks TR:p

Originally posted by orion4me That sounds like a good idea to me. But that creates another problem. I think that I have ditched both the Fosgate and the Boss amp. I am now leaning toward either the DEI Directed 1100d or the JBL 1200.1. I looked at the MTX 81000d but I think that I have ruled that out also. Is there a way to hook up 8 Comps or even 8 VR's? The comps are rated at 125 wrms. I think that either of these amps would toast them. Let me know. Thanks TR:p

go with the l7's - great sub, although if u wnat the to kick REAL HARD, give them more than 1000RMS each. i would suggest a Memphis Mojo, but I dont know if thats within yor budget - 2400rms@2OHM.

The 2 DEI 1100d'S WOULD BE COOL AS WOULD TWO 1200.1 JBL'S, ONE ON EACH SUB.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.