2 sets of MB quart components on my car? Need help

kool9accord
10+ year member

I have a 4 door maxima that i want to install a great sound stage. The car has the speakers in the doors. I havent install them yet.They are both the pce series but just different size 6.5 and 5.25. My question is, would it sound bad if I install them in my car? The reason im asking is because some guy in another forum told me it would ruin the sound quality by doin that. Any help is apprecited

My opinion is, its a matter of opinion. Install them and see if you like. If you don't unplug em. If you dont do it, it will haunt you for the rest of your life wondering how it would have sounded. I like a little rear fill. Some refuse to even consider putting rears in. I'm going to experiment myself with 2 sets of comps.

well i dont want to experiment, i have done a little reserch and some people say its good and some say it would not sound as great with just one set of components up front and a set coaxials in the back. Anybody else have their .02 ?

I once did a 94 maxima, we used two sony xplod 5 channel amps 2 RF DVC subs and 4 pair's of mb quarts.

We did 6X9's in the rear deck, 6.5" components in each door, and 5.25's in kick panels.

One of the best sounding cars I ever did.

many of the better factory set ups use multiple speakers and sound pretty **** good, so yours can also. Just might take some time to set gains/fade to even things out and not have the sound coming from the rear...

Yea, im looking to power them with a jl audio 4/300 if i still stay with the 2 sets. Them same guy to me to just put them up front and leave the rears alone(put nothing) and it would sound better since i wont have any fill in the back. Thank guys, yall make me feel better already about doing it.

I have a coupe, but I personally like some rear fills. I have some Mb components with some Alpine Type R's 6x9 in the rear. I think if you like more "sound staging" w/ the music coming from the front, just get one set of comps. If you like to be wrapped with sound like me then get some fills and pull most of the sound up front. I want to switch from coax 6x9 to components in the rear...I will when I finally get my Mb's from warranty work...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.