(2) Rockford Fosgate P1S410 vs. (2) Kenwood KFC-W2511

Participant count
  • Participants list

Chris Z
10+ year member

Always wanting more bass!
AL
OK. Please don't stone me if this is a really dumb question but I'd like to know whether I should go with these RFs or the Kenwoods. This is all just in the air right now, as I haven't put a HU in my accord yet, still got the stock AM/FM radio in there with a CD Changer but I'm really wanting to plan this all out before I have the money burning a hole in my pocket and I just mess up and waste my money on some worthless stuff. Thus, I come to CA for opinions.

Here are the links to the subs:

Kenwoods - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8573_Kenwood+KFC-W2511.html

Rockford Fosgates - http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P1S410/Rockford-Fosgate-P1S410.html?tp=111

This is my first build, so it's really low-budget but I wanna get some subs that pound my accord pretty good but aren't flaky and stuff like that. I know this ain't the right place to say this, but I'm also looking for a budget amp as well. I'd also like it to be Kenwood or RF, but I'm open to suggestions on brands that I don't know about but that are highly recommended. I don't mean to sound so cheap, but I'd like to try to keep the amp at about $100 and get 2 subs for around $100.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Id go with the rockfords but you can probably get something better for cheaper used. As for an amp, get yourself a good one used if you want to get the most for your buck, $100 new amps usually ****. Rockford subs are a bit expensive but they are decent for budget systems, gave my friend a p1 12 and a 2 ch. amp to run it bridged seeing maybe 2-300 rms if that, in a sealed box and he is happy with it.

Then kenwoods will get louder off the same power, but those woofers are more of a midbass drivers than woofers. Their FS is 65 hertz or something, in anything lower than 45 hertz they sound like a wet fart.

The rockfords have a better low end extension, but still, the best recommendation of low cost / low wattage woofer would be a JL w1v2, you can find them for cheap used, they sound really nice for what they cost and have the ability to get loud while sounding clean. If you can find a single 12, it would be your best bet.

I would go with the punch 10s hands down. Ive heard the same subs in the same style enclosure and the punch 10s sound better than the kenwoods as well as take more power (kenwood rates theirs 400wrms, rockford 150, go figure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif) As far as an amp for 100$ id look on ebay for some MA audio M1900xe amps, i got 1 of those for around 80$ (got it on an auction, got lucky) and they actually put out over rated, either one of those or an Alpine M500 would be a good cheap amp to drive 2 SVC subs. The M500 definatly will put out more power, but overall i liked the m1900 better. I know this because im a cheap bastard so i make the most out of my money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.