2 Premier TS-W3001 12"s ported

red08yaris
10+ year member

Bought these out of the classifieds and I was just wondering if I should port the box or not. Max dimensions are 17x40x14. Should it be dual chamber ported? Do I have enough space for ported period? Can't find much info on the subs. Would like it to be more for a loud SQ setup. Running a no name 2 channel 1600 watt for now but gonna get a mono class d. Will be in a hatchback car. Should they face up or back? Thanks.

my freind had one in a 3.5 cubic ft box tuned to 37hz and it got pretty low on 1200rms of clean power, so for 2 I would sugguest about 5 1/2 cubic ft tuned to 36-37hz with that low of power if you get about 2200rms to both I would make slighty bigger box

never buy a prefab ported box.

its going to sound like crap most likely

if you want to go ported then build your own or have someone build you one.

if you want to build your own, let me know and ill make a design up for you that will be easy to follow.

The recommended would be a 1.2 cu.ft box with a port of 3" Dia X 3.5"

This is what the tech guy at pioneer said would be the ideal box. Sound right or should i do a slot port? What kind of ports should i get and where to buy them? thanks

The recommended would be a 1.2 cu.ft box with a port of 3" Dia X 3.5"
This is what the tech guy at pioneer said would be the ideal box. Sound right or should i do a slot port? What kind of ports should i get and where to buy them? thanks
wtf? alright don't listen to them.

most 12" like 2.25 - 2.5 ft^3. so after all displacements, the subs should be seeing like 4.25 - 4.5 cubes. ~72 sq. inches of port area

3.5 cubic feet total for two is the minimum for ported. I had two 12" TS-W2000SPL(the 1st gen of these subs) and I built a box according to Pioneer's recommended volume(1.75 cf each) and the bass was wayyyy too punchy and didn't get as low as I wanted.

1.2 cf each would make them sound like butt fart.

3.5 cubic feet total for two is the minimum for ported. I had two 12" TS-W2000SPL(the 1st gen of these subs) and I built a box according to Pioneer's recommended volume(1.75 cf each) and the bass was wayyyy too punchy and didn't get as low as I wanted.
1.2 cf each would make them sound like butt fart.
brings a new meaning to "fart box" LOL

How should the box be faced and should I do a wedge box? will be in a hatch. which way should the ports be faced? will be playing mostly rap and hip hop so im looking for some loud spl daily if possible.

Ok so I'm gonna try Pioneer's box plans at first for one and see what it sounds like. I have another question it says 1.6 cubes with a 3" dia x 2.5"port. What would that tune to and if I put a longer port in would that raise or lower the tuning?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

red08yaris

10+ year member
red08yaris
Marion, AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from