2 Kicker DX 700s... what now???

I'm new to this forum...so be gentle. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I am upgrading my entire system and had a few questions for all you guys/gals out there.

I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring LXI, 2 layers of dynamat extreme in the whole car, 2 Kicker DX 700s and nothing else.

Should I get two Solobaric L5s or L7s? Will the L5s (600 rms)handle the power of the DX 700s (761 and 771 on the other RMS) ok? Where can I pick up a CHEAP but GOOD box?

What power setup will I need? The amps take 4gauge.

Is a Cap necessary? I have a 1 farad from past system.

Red or Yellow top? *I don't plan on having the car off listening, just drive and pound*

Thanks for your time!!!

ok...... First off, as for your subs, if youre looking for SPL and can afford the L7's go with em. If not the L5's can handle the 760ish rms no problem.

Box,Build it yourself. It's really not that hard, and usually rewarding. otherwise theres people on this forum that build boxes. Hit up JMac and he can make you up some designs for a small fee.

4ga for each amp should be fine, step it up to 2 or 1/0 if youre worried, otherwise 4ga for each will suffice.

Caps, waste of time dont bother. Theyre a band aid on a bullit wound. They may cover the problem of insufficient power, but wont fix it and youll be worse off in the end.

If you are having dimming problems look into getting your alt rewound or ordering a high output alt, that should fix it.

System looks good, now geter installed and show us some pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

ill tell ya, go with the L5's if youve only got 770 watts each. the only difference between the L7 and L5 (besides price) is the basket and power handling. so if the L5's can handle the power you give em (which they can) theres not much reason to spend more on L7's.

if you dont plan on listening with the car off, keep your stock battery, unless it really *****, then just grab a walmart battery, they cme with warrenties anyway.

Do a single run of 1/0 to the back of the car, then split that into 2 4 gauge wires. Run the 2 4s to the amps, then run either 2 4 gauge grounds, or put em in a distro block and do a single 1/0 ground. Your stock electrical system should do pretty well. Id upgrade the big 3 with 1/0 though.

Thanks for all of your help everyone!

I will go with the L5s, and I have talked to a guy about building me a box. My stock battery seems to **** just a tad...so I think I will upgrading. The cap isn't going in.

The whole Big 3... I need to find out exactly what it means for my specific car (01 Sebring). From the readings I have done on here it seems like a hour or so job and pretty easy.

As far as getting my alternator rewound...how much does that usually cost...and where can it be done? Do I even need a new alternator??? My stock one is 120 amps.

Thanks

I wouldnt worry about a new alt until you get everything installed and test it out. My stock is 135A and I get major dimmage, but that is because everything in my lincoln is electric. Chances are your care is less for a power wh0re and youll be fine.

As for getting rewound bust out the ol' phonebook and call around to your local alternator shops or garages. If they dont know usually they can recommend somebody.

I'm actually in the 'burbs. KCMO side. Not a whole lot goign on in the audio scene, that is besides usaci finals that come here every year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Other than that brandsmart is still pretty much the top dawg car audio wise, but nebraska funiture mart is making a push. Havent stopped by there though. I think is over by kcir(kansas city international raceway). I actually just went through omaha yesterday. Was coming back from my aunts in south dakota.

Man...you didn't hear. Brandsmart went outta business. Poor management with the dough. But I guess that's what happens when you try and sale all high end stuff for WAY HIGHER than other places. They were the only ones who could get their hands on all the good JL and higher end Alpine decks and etc.

But back to the matter at hand. I was told by Stereo West here in Omaha...to get an isolator, a yellow top optima in the back, and that would do me justice. Anyone have a clue if that is what I need. I just don't wanna go buying stuff off of eBay and Lemme give the break down one more time...

01 Chrysler Sebring

120 amp stock alternator

"Big 3" will be applied this weekend.

Stock battery

2 Kicker DX 700s (approx. 1500 watts RMS)

2 12in Kicker Solobaric L5s - sealed w/polyfill

Thanks in advance!

radar,

I'm also East of KC, in the 'burb's. I think the track your referring to, over near the Nebraska Furniture Mart, is the Kansas Speedway. KCIR is the 1/4 mile drag strip on Noland Road. Yeah, it's too bad about BrandsMart, there are only a few independent shops left.

dbr

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.