2 Kicker 12" L7 or 2 Alpine 12" Type R

B_Daubu

For the Alpine Set Up I was looking at the PDX 1000.1 and 2 Alpine Type R 12" and the Kicker setup with the ZX1500.1. with 2 12" L7. I have never heard Kickers and I was wondering witch one of these Setups would be better for overall and quality. Like I said I have never heard Kickers. Im thinking of a ported box. I have a 2006 HHR. Can you guys tell me the best way to go. Money is no option Thanks

do a search.... tons of threads about the "TypeR vs L7" dilemma...... how much space you got for a ported box? what vehicle is this going into? I would ditch the PDX 1000.1 and get a better amp for your money. Look into the zx1500/sundown 1500/ xx hercules

type r's are quality subs for the money.. but L7 much better and will pound harder with proper set up and amp. PDX'S are good for there versatility... 1000 at 4OHM and 2OHm.... but kicker amps hit much harder and will for longer.

Kicker setup with the ZX1500.1. with 2 12" L7. Thank you guys Im very excited to try these subs. Will this amp work fine for them? (Kicker ZX1500.1) With a Ported Box

new type r = $120 shipped each

new L7 = $200 shipped each

big price difference, L7 has slight edge on type r on spl, your call...

rather have the 12's myself. better sq imo. and i can have them in a small box which is a huge + to me.
The L7's and the Tupe R's he wants to get are both 12".

My vote goes for the L7's.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey I don't mean to hijack this thread but I figured it would be a waste to make another one.

I'm on a budget and I can either get:

1 "12 Kicker L7 with a ported box

or

2 "12 Alpine SWR 1242D type Rs w/no box

Both will cost me a little over $200 and I will get an amp based on which subs I get.

Which setup will give me more bang-for-buck?

Thanks

If you do get the type r's get a much bigger amp than that alpine, I'm running around 1000rms to one type r and its lovin it.

Hey I don't mean to hijack this thread but I figured it would be a waste to make another one.
I'm on a budget and I can either get:

1 "12 Kicker L7 with a ported box

or

2 "12 Alpine SWR 1242D type Rs w/no box

Both will cost me a little over $200 and I will get an amp based on which subs I get.

Which setup will give me more bang-for-buck?

Thanks
If you can build your own box 2 subs>1 if not, get the L7

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.