2-JL 8W3v3 vs. 1-JL 8W7

I am trying to compare the differences between these two subwoofer setups; 1 - 8" W7 versus 2 - 8" W3v3s. I will also be porting the setup either way.

Both Subwoofers are rated at 500W RMS (250W x 2 for the W3).

I am powering the setup with an Alpine PDX-5 that has a test sheet rating of 410 W RMS for the subwoofer channel.

Which setup will have better sound quality?

Which setup will be able to give lower bass notes?

Which will be louder?

Would the outcome be different if I change the subwoofer power to 700W RMS?

I am putting this system in an E46 M3 Convertible, if that helps choose which setup is better being that there is a skipass that is open through to the rear section and the roof can be brought down.

Maybe the box variable changes the situation? And yea I did a lot of preliminary searching but I haven't found any good threads on this particular setup. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Go with the two ported 8's it should be louder and sound about the same as the W7. When in doubt go with more cone area. If you have the space for to 8's then you have the space for 1 ported 10W7. I like the idea of the two 8's ported myself and think that would be plenty loud.

So this is the full agreement of the forum that the 2 JL 8W3v3s would hit harder than the 1 JL 8W7 off of 410W RMS? Even if both boxes are ported to JL specifications?
with that power yes. thats really not enough power for even 1 w3. if you had 500 to 700 rms for the w7 then id say go with the w7.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.