2 Fi BL18s

buick203

IL
hello guys I'm thinking about getting 2 Fi BL18s. the thing is that I only have about 9.8cuft for both subs available I already took into consideration the port and sub displacement. I'm gonna be running them at 3000w and I came up with an enclosure of 9.8cuft before displacements tuned at 44hz and 4 6"x11" aero ports. I put all my numbers into torres and the port area per foot that I get is around 11.40. I already tried playing around with the tunning but I just cant get it any better. and I cant make the enclosure bigger due to no more room.

are these numbers good? or should I not even try 2 18s with only 4.9cuft per sub

thanks guys

that's what I was thinking. but from your experience is that to little of space for those subs specifically?

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

15s would better suit that space. I cant say whether or not the 15s would ultimately be louder than more dispacement in a smaller enclosure.

that's what I was thinking. but from your experience is that to little of space for those subs specifically?

Thats a box for 15s not 18s
thanks for the info this is my first enclosure I build for an 18

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

You looking at the pair for 400 on Craigslist?Edit-there was pair on there, don't see them now.
no I was gonna buy them new

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

buick203

buick203
IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef