2 channel amp powering a single sub??

Participant count
  • Participant list

BIGGUP21
10+ year member

I am going to be powering my 12" Brahma with a Lanzar Opti500.2

This amp does 900 watts bridged @ 4 ohms and it does 450x2 @ 2 ohms. What do you guys think will be better:

A) bridge the amp and wire the sub to 4 ohms.

B) put a channel on each voice coil separately.

The main reason I am asking is because would the amp draw less current if it isn't bridged and running at its full potential. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

well it will pull the same amount either way.. if ur sending 450 to each coil, or 900 to both, it will pull the same.. ide just stick mono, for ease of wiring, and if u have settings for each channel it would be tricky..

Also, wiring the coils to two different channels can make the sub tear itself a part. In music sometimes both channels are recieving different notes at the same time. When a sub tries to produce two different sound at the same time it can destroy itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.