2 Builds....

SPLluminator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
GR, Michigan
Im hooking up a friend with a nice box for his type R's. He is looking for SPL. Heres what we are doing...

Sealing off the Trunk

Building a Box(42hz @ 5ft^3)

Applying dynamat extreme to rear deck.

Its going in a 2000 Grand am. It pretty much takes up the whole trunk. Its actually shocking that we aren't going to have to build it in the trunk.

BuildLog005.jpg

BuildLog006.jpg

Next up...

Im building a box for my 99 Lumina. Its for two HDC10s. The box is 4ft^3 @ 48hz.

BuildLog001.jpg

This is the nail Gun i use.... beats the living crap outta screws.

BuildLog002.jpg

BuildLog003.jpg

BuildLog004.jpg

Thanks, I dont have a router jig yet(even tho i have two routers) so im gonna have to use a jig saw unless i make one outta wood.
just make your own //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif use some .25 plywood and just attach it to your baseplate and then measure out from the bit to the radius of the circle you want to cut and put a nail through it.

just make your own //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif use some .25 plywood and just attach it to your baseplate and then measure out from the bit to the radius of the circle you want to cut and put a nail through it.
Sounds pretty easy. I was thinking ill just make my own for now. Then order one after i get some cash for building boxes.

ok cool. im looking at some DeWalt combo's for sale online. i need to get a nice setup instead of using screws all the time. it would save me a lot of time.
Its good to look for ways to save time and become more efficient, but going with brads isnt the way I would do it. I would look in other areas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.