2 Boston Pro 8.4LF

Participant count
  • Participant list

reible82nd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale: 2 Boston Acoustics Pro 8.4LFs in good condition.

Item(s) Description/Condition: The baskets have a few nicks here and there, not too bad though especially for their age. The woofers are in great shape, no nicks, holes or rubs. The terminal posts on one of them need replaced as you'll see in one of the pictures. They sound fantastic, probably some of the most musical subs I've owned to date. I ran them on about 200 watts per sub and that's about all I would push to them.

Price: $125 shipped OBO, also open to trades for: nice 2-channel (100x2 @ 4 ohms), 1/0 wire and distro blocks or 6.5" mids.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: Included

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

View attachment 26537472View attachment 26537473View attachment 26537474

Last edited by a moderator:
**** looking little subs bro. Thought you were keeping one?
Yeah I thought I was too...hooked my MB Quart Reference 15 up today and decided to go with that, just a little more boom. I just thought to myself, if I'm not going to use them, one of the car audio enthusiasts on here would.

Box specs and trades?
The only Box specs I was able to find suggested .5 cubes each sealed and ported. I know the sealed number is right, but I'm a bit suspect about the ported specs. I haven't been able to find a single manual for these guys online. My thinking is, if you want to capitalize on the musicality of these bad boys, go with a sealed enclosure. I had one sealed in my Camry and while it didn't have the thump I needed, it was a beautiful sounding sub. If I had tried both of them I think I wouldn't be selling them right now.

The only Box specs I was able to find suggested .5 cubes each sealed and ported. I know the sealed number is right, but I'm a bit suspect about the ported specs. I haven't been able to find a single manual for these guys online. My thinking is, if you want to capitalize on the musicality of these bad boys, go with a sealed enclosure. I had one sealed in my Camry and while it didn't have the thump I needed, it was a beautiful sounding sub. If I had tried both of them I think I wouldn't be selling them right now.
Hmmmmm They may be nice to have while I wait for my SD-2 8's

Are far as trades go...I'm really trying to nail down my bottom end right now without sacrificing a lot of space. I put a MB Quart Reference 15 in earlier today and while it sounds good, it's big and bulky. I'm running it with a JBL P180.2 bridged, that little thing actually pushes the 15 pretty well. I'm really looking for a 10 or 12, either S4 or D2 with about 500 RMS power handling. I'm going more SQ for my build so I don't need a lot. I'm running Dynaudio 220MKII components in the front on about 100 per channel, Eclipse Point Source 6x9s in the rear of the HU for rear fill (Eclipse CD5435)...all I need is something not quite as large as the 15 but still efficient enough to round out the bottom end.

Bump...trade for a 10 or 12 D2 or S4 with about 500 RMS power handling. I would also consider a mono or 2-channel with around 500 at 1 or 4 ohm.

To the top. Got the mono figured out so no need for that. I'll lower it to $125 shipped, or trade for a nice 2-channel (100x2), 1/0 gauge wire and distro blocks, or a decent pair of 6.5 inch mids. Nice subs here guys, don't have a use for them or I'd keep them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.