2 18's or 4 15's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stephens30228
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have an explorer with the third row laid down, I am wondering if it would be better to push 2 1500 watt 18's or 4 600watt 15" subs. I am on a budget of $1000 used or subs and amp so go gentle please. I'm on stock electrical too so 1500 is pretty much my limit with a 130amp alternator and stock battery. I also have to build the box so probably more like $900 shipped for it all. But I have the opportunity to get the 18's with a box for $550, they are DC Level 4's, the 15's are OA's, for $515, but I will have to build the box. Thanks. Sorry about the same topic type, I couldn't find out how to delete my old post.

really depends on your air space stephan .if you can fit the 18's in at least 12 ^3 box i'd go 18's ,4 15's will need at least 14 ^3 ,they may get louder but wont get deeper and may not push as much air

Well that answers one of my questions, thanks, but what about the excursion of those dc's? I mean I don't know what size the box is, and even then I can build one still if I don't like it, but if I am only pushing them with 1500 of that 3500.1 will they push enough air for me to realize? I am still learning.

I don't know about that the 4-15's is a lot of come area compared to the 18's and I can say the oa15's will be just fine in 3 cubes per

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/555183-fs-hifonics-bxi1605d.html#post8142378

I have the the little brother to this, the BXI 1205D and it does rated without a sweat, runs cool at 1 ohm mounted under the seat. Hardly any voltage loss and nothing but a big 3 in 2 ga and a Yellowtop up front ...

these are good amps for the $ and they do rated as well.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/551464-2-lnib-bre2500-1-mint-condition.html

if the box for the LVL4's is spot on for what you need, then go for it...the OA's are good too, but you have to get in line for them and the web site says it is a 70 day wait.

The OAs are from a guy in my area, well about 2 hours away lol but I wasn't sure how the BRZ would like my electrical, someone is selling one for $250 near me.
The BRZ is 2 steps lower in the HiFonics line than the Brutus Elites I posted earlier. The BRZ has been clamped to do just a hair under rated, and the Elite (BRE) is underrated...good amps and very efficient at 1ohm. The BRZ's are silver and the BRE's are black.

Well I am assuming that airspace isn't the only factor here. Or else I assume that you would have 4 15's instead of your 2 18's? :p Just sayin.
It a major factor.

My setup is temp. I had 4 18's b4 in a different vehicle, newer vehicle I put just 2 18's in. My new setup will be 4 15's walled, most likely a 4th order.

Just do what I said if you don't have any subs just yet.

Well if you go to sell your 18's let me know, maybe i will come pick them up from ya. Anyways, it will be about a month before I get my money, just narrowing down my choices.

Well if you go to sell your 18's let me know, maybe i will come pick them up from ya. Anyways, it will be about a month before I get my money, just narrowing down my choices.
I am selling them. 2 Are going to someone for a trade offer and the 2 that are currently in my ride are for sale. I'm currently deployed right now and have about 1 month left. PM me if you are still interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stephens30228

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
stephens30228
Union City, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date