2 15" Kicker CVR vs. 1 15" Kicker CVX??

Molinam123
10+ year member

I want to upgrade my sucky system in my car which is currently 2 kicker comp 12s with a pioneer amp either to 2 15 kicker cvrs or 1 15 kicker cvx. I know that cvrs have bad highs and I need good highs and lows. What're some pros and cons of the CVX speaker?? Thanks!

CVR's out of your choices.. but what's your budget and how much power?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

And the ability to hit a wider range of notes is mainly box dependent.

I have my whole car wired on like 0 gauge monster wire and a pioneer double din. After I find the sub I wanna buy ill find an amp but I want one sub that will hit harde than 2 15 cvrs at least. But I'll power it properly.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Power has to be at least 1000 rms on one sub and price range is up to about 450 for the sub

I have my whole car wired on like 0 gauge monster wire and a pioneer double din. After I find the sub I wanna buy ill find an amp but I want one sub that will hit harde than 2 15 cvrs at least. But I'll power it properly. 

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Power has to be at least 1000 rms on one sub and price range is up to about 450 for the sub
Not hard to beat two 15 cvr's

Crap vs. Crap. Better subs for the money. But more is needed, plus you're going about this a bit backwards IMO. Pick out your amp, how much power you can run and at what impedance. Make sure your electrical in your car can support it. Then measure how much space you have to lose for a box. That will determine the size/amount of subs you can run. Then choose your subs. And look outside of Kicker unless you have a lot of space to lose and are dead set on running Kicker.

Crap vs. Crap. Better subs for the money. But more is needed, plus you're going about this a bit backwards IMO. Pick out your amp, how much power you can run and at what impedance. Make sure your electrical in your car can support it. Then measure how much space you have to lose for a box. That will determine the size/amount of subs you can run. Then choose your subs. And look outside of Kicker unless you have a lot of space to lose and are dead set on running Kicker.
yep this is 100% right choose amp first that your eletrical can run //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif then we will help you from there

CVRs aren't bad for making a lot of bass. The inductance spec on those is quite high, which has negative implications for SQ (little muddier than I prefer), but a pair of them on 1000 watts in a 10 ft^3 box tuned low will out-slam many 1000 watt setups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.