2 15" davinci's in my golf

idontwant1
10+ year member

hey guys i need a bit of help ..here goes

i just baught 2 15" soundstream davinci's stream sya optimal box would be 1.5 cube box with a 4"x12" port ... per sub

now i was thinking a box with 2 chambers each chamber bmountedeing 17x17x10.5 approx 1.78 without the port or sub mounted ...what do you guys think i can stretch the 10 to what ever number to make this work better .. also what size slot port would be needed ...im leaving it with you guys now

thanks havoc heres the rephrase

i hav 2 soundstream davinci 15"s the onoly info that i have to build a box is each sub needs a 1.5 cube box with a 4"x12" port

so heres what i want to build a box that has 2 chambers each measureing 17"x17"x10.5" internally approxamatly 1.78 cubic for each sub now will the sub basket and port bring me down lower than 1.5 cubic foot or shouldl i be ok and how would i convert a 4x12" round port to a slot port

thanks alot for the help

would the port still be 12"deep and i might be amping the subs seperatly in the end so i figured dual chambers might work better but i like the simplicity of a single chamber with 1 port

ok this is what you do. Find the displacement of the sub. This is how much air space the sub takes up. Add that to 1.5, and you should see how big to build your box. If you dont want to do that, somewhere around 2 cubes before port and sub displacemt should be ok. To find out what a 4 inch port comes to in sq inches, you do Pi*Radius Squared which is about 12.5 sq inches. You can build the square port that is 12.5 sq inches to be the same as a 4 inch opening. Personally i would do a bigger port, something around 30 sq inches to make it sound better.

And if you are using 1 amp, use a single chamber, and just make two ports. a single chamber makes it easier to ensure the subs have the exact same air space

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.