2 12L7 or 1 18BTL

trigger2008
10+ year member

I know these questions are hated on here. But just have to make a decision in the next week or two. I have Kicker zx2500.1 and I am trying to decide between two 12L7 Kicker or one 18" BTL. I have just over 6.5 cubic feet of air space available. The vehicle is an extended cab Chevy colorado.

Whatcha think

thanks for any input.

i personally would think the 2500 is going to be too much for a daily setup with the L7's in a larger box. my vote goes to the BTL with a well designed ported box. should wang pretty hard

my buddy had 2 12" L7's on a kx1200.1, it was a really good match for daily, he had about a 6cf box tuned low and the subs moved PLENTY. i couldnt imagine double the power to them.

Btl. More cone area, more power handling and 6.5 cubes should be perfect for 1.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

l7's = 288

btl = 254.34

and as far as power handling I have personally ran a single l7 daily in a 3 cb. ft. ported box with 1,200 watts rms and loved it, so 2,500 for a pair would be perfect if you go that route

yea those 12's l7's wont handle 2500rms daily ported in a bog box at all. I have a box right around 5cubes net and giving them 1600rms and on the song Bass I love you they bottom out. Today the first time on regular music the song Dream girl by t pain i think on one of those notes it made a poping sound from bottom out i think is what is was once i turned the bass down it didnt do it again so just bottoming out.

Deff go with the 18

yea those 12's l7's wont handle 2500rms daily ported in a bog box at all. I have a box right around 5cubes net and giving them 1600rms and on the song Bass I love you they bottom out. Today the first time on regular music the song Dream girl by t pain i think on one of those notes it made a poping sound from bottom out i think is what is was once i turned the bass down it didnt do it again so just bottoming out.
Deff go with the 18
thats what you get for listening to t-pain

Deff go with the 18
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif whats your tuning i had 1 L7 running with about 1,200 watts and it loved it

yea yea i know

tunning is around 33-34hz not sure exactly what it is, but i know its somewhere around 32-35hz but i recall the guy said 33-34hz it was designed at cant rember its been a while

mine was tuned to 34hz @ 2.95 cb ft. and loved the lows..i could hit every bass line on lil wyte's - hood run down lol, i had the 07 black L7's though they were built stronger and better than the previous models

i got the new 08 models. I think its just the one that has something wrong with it anyway. It has a tinsel slap sound all the time. Kinda want it sounds like so idk i tihnk its just making that sound really bad on certain lows. You can barely hear it on most songs but some songs you can tell its there. Like I'm sprung the song you can really hear it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

trigger2008

10+ year member
trigger2008
Mechanicsburg,OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from