MMATS 2075 Amplifier

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Good condition, clean internals, works great

Price:

$150 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

IMG_20140302_175223.jpg

When I bought the 2200 I did not buy the snow! Please keep your snow up there!

Bump //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Has this sold? Does it work without ANY issues???

For those that care I will put it out there first, Here is a conversation that I have been having with eg9 since selling him an amp about 3 weeks ago. His pms are in italics mine are in bold. Our conversations were going well until he accused me of selling him junk. I think running an amp 40-45% gain could be the issue.

Got a chance to install the 2200 yesterday and it keeps wanting to get very hot. It only cutoff on me once, I haven't ran it to the point of it cutting off again. Was ran at 2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono with the same results. Gain was only set about 40-45% both times.

I also cleaned the terminals, replaced the screws with brand new screws and I have some extra mounting feet I used.

Hello

When I ran it I had to run it open air. On a board. It did tend to get hot.

I was only running a single 8" sub though. Also was run 8v preouts with minimal gain.

I had it on a Pioneer p99. Running a pair of Phoenix Gold Ti2 15" subs, dual 4 ohm.

I'm sending the amp to a member that is great with repairing amps.

My only problem is with as many issues that I've had and still having with this amp I really do not think it was worth the $140.

So no response to my last pm?

Hello,

I responded to the last one, nothing was in my sent box though. I am assuming it never sent or I sent it from work where we have websense that blocks things.

I replied that I was sorry you were not happy with your purchase. The amp worked flawlessly for me never had a problem. It did however get hot but not enough to roll back or shut down. I dont want to question your install or any other component in your system since that would not really solve anything. Let's face it, it could be countless things. Terry

I never did get a response off the last one.

I know it wasn't the install I've had three other amps installed since. It's ashame a seller doesn't take responsibility for what they sell specially after they admit it got "hot" off of a 4 ohm stereo load???

That's ashame.............

Either way I guess we will see what else you sell turns out bad then I'll chime in. Thanks for your response tho.

Might post a thread about the amp, not sure I'll see. Either way good luck, I'm sure I won't be the last person..................

Btw if you would have offered even a $20 refund on the amp I would have been cool with that. That would cover the shipping at least to a buddy for repairing..........

I hate newbies that come on here selling there junk!

Like I say tho, good luck!

Hello,

I am not a newbie, I've been into high end home audio and car audio all my life. I've sold hundreds of thousands of dollars in items on the internet.

It's my experience that the amp got hot, As most amps from that era do. I am also familiar with post sale negotiations of items when sellers try to get some money off after receiving an item. You told me the amp turned off on you. I dont recall you telling me a time frame or if you were around town pounding on the amp. You just told me it got hot. If you look at the guts you will see there were no repairs or signs of a fault. I didn't question your install I didn't want to get into a pissing match. I could have very well offered you $140 back and you could keep the amp I mean I would not miss $140 or even $20. Is it possible that something came loose that had heatsink compound on it? Also remember these amps are not very efficient a byproduct of bad efficiency is heat.

My name is used everywhere Huge2na you will see I am far from a junk dealer, and not a ******* junk dealer.

Cool story bro. Doesn't change the fact that it gets hot after a few minutes. Wasn't beating around town with it in the trunk. Installed it in my garage and ran it for a few minutes.

5v preouts with the gain at 40-45% on a 20 year old amplifier and you want to know why it got hot and turned off? When that amp was made people did not even do that with 2v preouts. Learn how to hook up stuff properly please. Again when I ran it with 8 volt preouts the gain was a click from all the way down. I won't answer your PMS any longer please do everything in this forum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.