1992 Cadillac DeVille sub set up help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dash

I am trying to get into sound systems, I just recently bought a Sundown Audio SA-12, I am wonder what the stock alternator output comes on a 4.9L Engine for the 92' Im looking for some help on a total rundown of what I should do. ( I am extremely new to this, and want to make sure I go into everything correctly.

If I am not mistaken and read correctly the default output for the stock alternator on a 1992 DeVille is 120 or 140. If this is the case, what would I be looking at in the case of the alternator being able to support it?

( Please don't mind my terminology //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Welcome.

Those amperage numbers sound plausible. Whether or not it will power your system depends on what the system consists of. I believe the SA series is rated at a conservative 600W RMS, but people regularly put 1K+ on it. Obviously you'll need an amp to power it. That will account for the largest draw from your alt by far. If you have an amp for your speakers add that too.

A 120A alt should run enough amp for that sub. Wire it well and duo the big three upgrade under the hood. I was able to do older 1000W on a 90A alt with very minimal voltage drop only on the hardest notes at full tilt with Big three, no extra battery.

Do you have an amp already?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.