1991 Chevy Blazer S10 4 door?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Plasmah

Newark
Will a Clarion DXZ845MC HU fit my 91 Chevy Blazer s10? If so what adapter kit would I need?

I only ask because I was reading a review of the Clarion on crutchfield and when I went to check if the unit would fit my truck it said: (This unit does not fit your truck) Is this really true?

Thanks

It really let me down because I'v been lookin all over for a HU that I like and I really like the Clarion.

I don't know why it wouldn't fit. It's a single DIN head unit, and your Blazer has a DIN 1/2 factory radio. It should work fine with a standard GM mounting kit, like the Metra 99-4544. You'll probably need to use the 1" extension for depth.

Thanks for the fast reply...

I guess maybe Crutchfield may have made a mistake or its incorrectly listed as won't fit. Well in any case I'm happy to hear that it should indeed fit afterall.

Thanks again

Jim...

Yes, i have the same car...newer but same. All you need is a dremel or metal snips, a screwdriver, and some common sense...oh, and Metra 99-4544 Metra 70-1858 and an Antenna Adapter...since the GMC one is a bit different. The Wiring harness (2nd one) isnt on ebay right now, but the install kit is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.