1990 98 Olds Regency Brougham System help

Assault
10+ year member

Hello,

Well I have decided to stick with my 1990 98 Oldsmobile Regency Brougham Here are the speaker sizes (stock), how do you think it is?

Dash 3.5"

Doors 5"

Rear 6x9

Here are the selections I have come down to minus an amp (suggestions are welcome)

Subwoofer

Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 x1 (maybe 2 later on)

Hifonics Brutus BRZ15D4 x2

6x9 Rear

Focal 690CA1

Autotek ATX693T

5" to 4" for doors will make two plates

Focal 100KR2 4"

Diamond Audio HEX S400A

3.5 dash

Boston Acoustics SE35

Amp

unknown

My 85 Olds Delta 88 has 3.5's in the dash and I use the Boston coaxials off head unit power and 150 Hz bass blockers. I had to modify the mounting grilles to fit them but they're very nice. I used Infinity Reference 6X9's (6-7 years ago) but the CDT's are probably the choice today.

If you have 5.25's in your front doors consider yourself lucky. I had to add my own. This should be your main concentration as it's your front stage. You'll get much better midbass and impact from 5.25's than 4's.

That's up to you. The 3.5's in my dash keep blowing out - the sun heats them up through the windshield and the voice coils overheat with hardly any power. My main speakers in the doors are coaxially mounted components with a separate amp so I just removed the 3.5's altogether. If you put tweeters there just remember to keep the GM black mesh cloth - I think it helps block the sun.

The first thing I am getting on the car all around 30% tint, the ceramic reflective material. So that will greatly reduce the heat. I think I'll find some 5" speakers with tweeters, try them out in place of the 3.5 (replace with tweeters) if it sounds good then I'll stick with em, otherwise I'll put the tweeters on the frame and throw in the Boston 3.5's

as far as subs go i had two of the hifonics hifi 12's in a box tuned to 32hz and they were more than enough. i had a 94 olds 98
Great to hear, and when is there ever enough bass? Haha, don't happen to have any pictures of your set up do you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Assault

10+ year member
Assault
U.S.A Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from