16 volt bassheads lend me some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

raptor727
10+ year member

come get some!!
pensacola FL
So I have decided to make the jump to 16v. Amp will be a Cactus Sounds K9 @ .5ohm on two team Fi 18's so I am going to guess if I keep rise down around 1ohm 12k or so. Currently I have a dual alternator bracket with stock keeping that for 12v and a Singer 320 amp six phase "16v alt". So my concern is how many Kinetik 16v batteries should I use and would one more 320 provide good enough current for shows and demos? I hate cutting demos short to build voltage back up and the biggest alt kit I have found for my 2002 Tahoe seems to be a triple kit by DC. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated

So I have decided to make the jump to 16v. Amp will be a Cactus Sounds K9 @ .5ohm on two team Fi 18's so I am going to guess if I keep rise down around 1ohm 12k or so. Currently I have a dual alternator bracket with stock keeping that for 12v and a Singer 320 amp six phase "16v alt". So my concern is how many Kinetik 16v batteries should I use and would one more 320 provide good enough current for shows and demos? I hate cutting demos short to build voltage back up and the biggest alt kit I have found for my 2002 Tahoe seems to be a triple kit by DC. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated
I have built a setup for 13,500 watts for 8 12" ab xfl's.

It was ran by a cactus k9.

Just so you know this was for a yukon so it should not be any different then yours.

Had a 3 alternator bracket with 2 singer 420 amp alts which we had to adjust the acceleration pedal so it would idle higher since the 420 amp alt needs 800 rpm just to crank.

Had 2 kinetik 16v batteries completely separate from the vehicle system and connected straight to the 2 singer alts.

Main vehicle system was ran from battery in the hood and stock alt.

We only placed two batteries since we had the car running during demo and never ran straight off batteries.

The alternators were ran using a external regulator running at 16.5v-16.8v.

As far as running straight battery if that is what you need, how long do you plan to demo between charges?

When I demo the truck will be running at all times. I just want to be able to demo for maybe a mintue or more. That amp put out 13k at what impedance and voltage if I may ask?

When I demo the truck will be running at all times. I just want to be able to demo for maybe a mintue or more. That amp put out 13k at what impedance and voltage if I may ask?
.5 ohm & 16v rising to 17v.

Those alts idle amperage is around 260 amps so running the engine a bit is required to not drop voltage to fast.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

raptor727

10+ year member
come get some!!
raptor727
pensacola FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date