151.6@36hz

250 amp but we clamped it at 5100 rms but thats the fuse up front not near the amps
I doubt you're running 5100 RMS off a 250 amp fuse.

I X V = P

So say 250 amps X 14.4, if you're holding there which I doubt. That equals out to 3600 and multiply that by amp efficiency of .80, so ~2880.

lol want me to show u the video where i clamped the rms then take a pic of the fusing? or u want me to say im doing a 151.6 with 2500 rms since thats "all the fuse can handle" lulz

I X V = P

So say 250 amps X 14.4, if you're holding there which I doubt. That equals out to 3600 and multiply that by amp efficiency of .80, so ~2880.
lol ur math doesnt mean ****. the fuses handle way more than rated. u ever competeed meca? it would blow ur mind LMAO

lol want me to show u the video where i clamped the rms then take a pic of the fusing? or u want me to say im doing a 151.6 with 2500 rms since thats "all the fuse can handle" lulz
I'm saying why would you even risk it. Why not just add a few more runs of wire.

You spent all of the money in the equipment then skimped out on wire runs and alternator.

I know about MECA, one of my good buddies went to finals. They know what they're doing and know all the little tricks that I doubt you know any of them.

I X V = P

First of all, I doubt he is pulling ALL the current from the front battery/alternator. Remember, he has batteries in the back as well.

Secondly, most fuses will handle WELL over their rated current for sustained periods of time.

To put this to rest OP, throw your clamp meter around your power wire up in the front (after the fuse), set it to DC amps and see what your draw up front is.

First of all, I doubt he is pulling ALL the current from the front battery/alternator. Remember, he has batteries in the back as well.
Secondly, most fuses will handle WELL over their rated current for sustained periods of time.

To put this to rest OP, throw your clamp meter around your power wire up in the front (after the fuse), set it to DC amps and see what your draw up front is.
Yeah alright.

I was just saying that I wouldn't even want to risk it with all of the nice equipment he has.

Yeah alright.
I was just saying that I wouldn't even want to risk it with all of the nice equipment he has.
I fine with the setup as it is right now, im staying above 12 volts at full tilt, and dont worry im going to be getting a HO Alt and more batts very soon.

Yeah alright.
Oh for sure, I wouldn't do it either. Just saying it could be done. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

FWIW, I've pulled 200+ amps through 60 amps of fusing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

risk what? the batts i have in the back are beasts. the batt and alt i have up front sux balls. tommy i dont have a dc amp i dont think on my cheap clamp meter.

risk what? the batts i have in the back are beasts. the batt and alt i have up front sux balls. tommy i dont have a dc amp i dont think on my cheap clamp meter.
Damn son, you need to up your game and get some better testing equipment! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You could potentially blow up the amp/alternator by stressing either for too long. Low voltage is bad for amps.

damn son, you need to up your game and get some better testing equipment! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
you could potentially blow up the amp/alternator by stressing either for too long. Low voltage is bad for amps.
x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Notloud00

10+ year member
Quiet
Notloud00
Everywhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date