15" sp4

Participant count
  • Participant list

hone

My cousin just ordered a 15" SP4. I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience what size box it really likes.

Space is limited and I won't be able to get hands on the car until the weekend to get actual measurements. The car is an 07 Camry if it helps though.

He had an RE XXX that he said the box was at least 3 cu ft and ported(small for a 15" i know) a few years ago and wants to slam again.

I'm thinking sealed would be best woth his space but how does the sub play sealed?

I was hoping he would wait to order something until I could get some measurements to see what subs would work best with his space but he saw the sp4 and had to have it lol

what is he powering it with? see if these dimesions will fit. sub up port facing rear

Not sure what he'll be using for power yet but I'm helping him beef up the eletrical system for now. He will probably end up with a 3.5k to 5k amp.

Texted him the picture, thanks.

As far as power goes I've recommended a soundqubed 4500.1

He is looking at a hifonics zeus 3200 which I'm assuming doesn't do rated(3200 @ 1ohm) clean at under $300.

Any other recommendations are welcome. I'm going to try and convince him to save up for the amp while the sub is being built and get something a little better. Or see if he'll go used.

As far as power goes I've recommended a soundqubed 4500.1
He is looking at a hifonics zeus 3200 which I'm assuming doesn't do rated(3200 @ 1ohm) clean at under $300.

Any other recommendations are welcome. I'm going to try and convince him to save up for the amp while the sub is being built and get something a little better. Or see if he'll go used.
that thing does 2000@ most.

buddy ran a sp4 18 on brutues elit 2500, it actually pushed it nice

that thing does 2000@ most.
buddy ran a sp4 18 on brutues elit 2500, it actually pushed it nice
Thanks. Hate to be asking all these questions in this thread, probably the wrong spot but....if he is going to cheap out on wire, would this at least be some good stuff for the price? http://m.ebay.com/itm/191519517199?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20141212152715&meid=0ee8dae52c00461b95df49336fa9a1f0&pid=100338&rk=2&rkt=30&mehot=pp&sd=181494436079&_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_mwBanner=1

Probably not as flexible as car audio brands but it should be more than enough. Thinking of getting some for myself too actually

Thanks. Hate to be asking all these questions in this thread, probably the wrong spot but....if he is going to cheap out on wire, would this at least be some good stuff for the price? 25' 2 0 Excelene Welding Cable Red USA New Battery | eBayProbably not as flexible as car audio brands but it should be more than enough. Thinking of getting some for myself too actually
It will work fine. I think the people that complain about welding cable being too stiff haven't actually used it, because it's surprisingly flexible. Though it has 1/5th the strand count of car audio wire, so keep that in mind.

Thanks. Hate to be asking all these questions in this thread, probably the wrong spot but....if he is going to cheap out on wire, would this at least be some good stuff for the price? 25' 2 0 Excelene Welding Cable Red USA New Battery | eBayProbably not as flexible as car audio brands but it should be more than enough. Thinking of getting some for myself too actually
thats exactly what he used to run the bre2500, its more than enough. and sure it wont do double knots and **** but who does that to wire?

thats exactly what he used to run the bre2500, its more than enough. and sure it wont do double knots and **** but who does that to wire?
Lol thanks dude //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'm trying to help my cousin ball out on a budget here. I really appreciate the help.

Well the beast was delivered today. Ahead of schedule too so he isn't ready for it lol.

Still working on box desings with cscstang and he needs an amp. Everything I recommend in what I think is an acceptable power level for the sub he thinks it is too much money.

He decided not to go with hifonics either though haha. Probably looking for used product but you guys think something like a SQ 2200 would do the job?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Well the beast was delivered today. Ahead of schedule too so he isn't ready for it lol.
Still working on box desings with cscstang and he needs an amp. Everything I recommend in what I think is an acceptable power level for the sub he thinks it is too much money.

He decided not to go with hifonics either though haha. Probably looking for used product but you guys think something like a SQ 2200 would do the job?

What's his budget on this amp? Also, what are his expectations and what kind of setup is he coming from?

What's his budget on this amp? Also, what are his expectations and what kind of setup is he coming from?
$400. He used to have a 15" RE XXX in a mazda 3. He just wants to get loud and have some semi decent equipment.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

He has a second battery but stock alternator. I've told him to upgrade it but that'll be a while I'm sure.

He bought a sundown 2k watt amp, should be here next week. He also ordered a box from Cscstang. Should be slammin in 2 to 3 weeks.

I appreciate the help fellas

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hone

hone
hercules, ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
fly_marlin