15" L7

well the website says the sub can handle 2000 watts max. but kickers known to underrate the subs? so ive heard atleast....

whats the most for going over suggested? i have 1 1500 watt brutus, and will be getting another to match. if i set the gains right and guarntee no clipping ect, ect, with amps turned down to a reasonable level should there be problems?

i wouldnt go anymore then 1500 for a dd, any more then that and say good bye to ur voicecoils.... im running 2 L7 15s off a 2500.1 so figure each sub is getting 1250w for a dd...

mine are each on there own 2500.1 and as stated above I keep the gains VERY light. if i had to guess i would say they are getting around 1500 each DD. I have however turned the gains up to proper levels and played a few tones and they took it. BUT that was for a VERY short amount of time and i would never try it for more then a burb or two.

FYI been running this way for around 4 months and my coils are still a very nice shiny red. no burning at all , befor that i used two 1500.1 and also no problem at all. only got the bigger amps because i was going to add more subs and since changed my mind.

thanks for your input. ill try a few things, im buying a used one in almost perfect condition for dirt cheap to test to see if it will hold the real thing turned down. if not ill change amps.

thanks for your input. ill try a few things, im buying a used one in almost perfect condition for dirt cheap to test to see if it will hold the real thing turned down. if not ill change amps.

with proper gain settings you should be fine. you will just have alot of power on tap which IMO is a good thing for upgrades down the road. also be sure to take note of the coils condition before you start your testing. on the L& they should be a very nice glossy red. look for darkened or black spots for signs of prior over powering

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

justinschmiidt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
justinschmiidt
East Detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date