15" Jonah Lomu?

Performance Auto and Sound did a review on the Fusion Powerplant, which is very similar to the Jonah Lomu edition.

Their exact words were "if attending local crank-it-ups is your thing, Fusion's Powerplant woofers are well worth the investment. They get very loud in a reasonably sized enclosure and look mean doing it."

That was on the 12 inch...I say go for it. Fusion has always madepretty decent woofers in my opinion.

3.0 ft at 28 hz is flat for SQ.

3dB down is 24 hz

Good steep subsonic filter needed at 20 hz, as power handling drops to 200 RMS at 10 Hz.

Otherwise the sub handles 1600 peak down to 20 hz.

Gonna need a good strong box for this one.

Take a few deep breaths before thumping it.

Would you reccommend a ported or sealed box? and my other option, which would cost about the same by the time i build a custom box for the 15 is two Rockford Punch HX2's... so considering i could get either option for about the same price, which is my best bet? looking for more spl, but not to sound like absolute garbage.

edit: the HX2s are 12s

seen them before, but reviews weren't what the other cat said. Some consider the JL to bazooks P Miller line, garbage, if you go with PP go with the basic line, stay away from John L ? your only paying for the name and putting extra doe in his pocket....

the powerplants neither look nor perform like a jonah

the jonahs are some massive subs, not even remotely comparable to a 'pmiller' sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i have seen a pair of JL's and 10kw do 160's on the new AC

i have seen 4 15's and 5kw do a 152 on the LinX....and that was on music, not tones

very impressive if you are going for all out spl

FUSION_LOMU.gif

Jonah Lomu's are excellent subs. Great smooth response and the abillity to get stupid loud. They will take the power and definately perform beyond expectations.

Fusion has got their stuff together, give them time.....

Muhahhahahahaaaaa!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Their site is a flash frenzy of fun!

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tussle

10+ year member
tussle
Ontario
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from