15" brama vs two 10" Alpine Type R's

qwkracer
10+ year member

Please dont flame. Im a newbie and im curious. I did search but couldnt find a thread similar.

I currently have a pair of 10" Alpine Type R subs powered by a Hifonics BX1500D amp(subs seeing a 1 OHM load). I placed an order for a Brahma 15" a while back from a dealer, but Adire is lagging and delayed the shipping one more week. Im just curious to see if its worth the wait. Because If Adire delays the shipping again, i will have to cancel the order and just stick with the Type R's for now.

How much louder is a 15" Adire Brahma when compared to TWO 10" Alpine Type R subs?

(Each setup will be powered by a Hifonics BX1500D amp and both sub setups will be wired to see 1 OHM. Adire Brahma will be in a sealed Subzero box that is made specifically for it, and Alpine type R's are in a sealed box made specifically for it)

Be patiant grasshopper. The wait will be well worth it. Only thing I would do different is build my own box (if your capable) and port/vent it. Either way the brahma rocks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/chicken.gif.218ea7401db50d5e31a7e0b37e05e21e.gif

Be patiant grasshopper. The wait will be well worth it. Only thing I would do different is build my own box (if your capable) and port/vent it. Either way the brahma rocks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/chicken.gif.218ea7401db50d5e31a7e0b37e05e21e.gif
I ordered both the subzero and the brahma 15" from the same dealer. i dont think i can build my own box anyways.

The Subzero ABS151 is sealed enclosure with the volume 2.25 ft3 x 1... good idea to have a shop port the box for me? what size port to use on the Subzero enclosure (if i can)?

i really dont want to spend another 300 on a custom box.

I'd have to disagree with the subzero box altogether. If you had a shop port the box for you, it wouldn't be big enough for the brahma. If you can't build your own box, your best bet would be to cancel the order for the subzero, and head over to http://www.gnomeaudio.com (LoneRanger here on the forums). You won't be spending over $200 shipped for a custom box from him, and it'll be built like a tank.

-Marcus

well, a little too late on the Subzero box. it came yesterday. Its a pretty nice box.

The two type r's that are in my car right now are in a sealed box, it is pretty loud and i am somwhat happy. I will test out the 15" brahma when it gets here.

If i use a Ported box, wouldnt i need a weaker amp? im a newb to car audio and i think i read somewhere on the forum that a sub needs less power to get it moving when using a ported box.

What size ported box(tune to ???) is perfect for a 15" Brahma powered by a Hifonics BX1500D amp?

A sub in a ported box can usually take more power than a large sealed box because of the reflex the port tuning offers. Use a SSF and you can probably put more wattage into a ported box than a large sealed box.

The brahma will go alot lower then the 10's. You should like it, plus the SQ should be better. With the sealed 1500 should do it good, but if you go ported then watch your gains.

i also have 2 alpine type-r 10's and a jbl 600.1 mono amp coming....i'm debated on weather to go with a sealed or ported box...what do you think i should do?

.....and can these things crank out some noise like people say?......i'm not expecting mindblowing bass but i wanna have some "thump"!

i also have 2 alpine type-r 10's and a jbl 600.1 mono amp coming....i'm debated on weather to go with a sealed or ported box...what do you think i should do?
.....and can these things crank out some noise like people say?......i'm not expecting mindblowing bass but i wanna have some "thump"!
ya they are nice speaks i would go with a sealed prolly with those and they will thump good with good SQ

do you think i made the right choice going with the jbl 600.1 amp? i was told that those amps are workhorses and can really power the subs.
Good amp but they Type R's are kinda power hungry and would probably want to see more power then 300WRMS, more like 500-600WRMS each. They should do pretty good with 300RMS.

subzone boxes are nice as heck. very good build quality.

it's worth the wait for the brahama. The sub is able to retain its sound quality through out the volume knob and it'll get louder also. Just in a different league.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

qwkracer

10+ year member
qwkracer
Sacramento, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from