13" W7 or 15" AA Avalanche?

the thing is, i want extreme SQL. i want it loud....

what are some other comparable SQL subs? what do you guys think about:

RE XXX

RE MT

Adire Brahma

isnt there another company that has the exact same sub as the AA Avalanche (or was it the XXX?)? the sub is made by the manufacturer and repackaged/sold by 2 companies. which sub was it again?

RE MT no. That is an SPL sub. Some more you can add on list:IDMAX, Magnum D2(when they come out), SS rl-p, ED A series, and that is all i can think off the top of my head.

If you are only going to be giving the sub your jl 500/1 amp the XXX and Brahma will be a waste of a sub.

i plan to get either a JL 1000/1 or a Hifonics XX Colossus (opinions?). If i get the Hifonics, i can run 2 subs.

If you had ~$1000 to spend on a single sub (or 2), which SQL sub(s) would you get?

i was thinking x2 AA 15" Avalanches.

You would need electrical upgrades if you are going to use the colossus to its full power. If that is the 3k watt amp, im not sure. The avalanches will want more power than that jl. I wouldnt limit my self to just the jl but if you get it I would recommend maybe two SS rl-p or a single XXX/brahma.

If you had ~$1000 to spend on a single sub (or 2), which SQL sub(s) would you get?

i was thinking x2 AA 15" Avalanches.

well on that note I'd go with two Avalanches and the collosus, that would be an excellent setup

for the price of an ava 15 i would be hardpressed NOT to get one right this second. however, even at the normal price the same theory applies. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd say the XXX is your best bet, good SQ and can get loud as well
I had never seen/heard a XXX/AA and I have no doubt they sound good according to all the great comments on them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

But what I don't like of them, are the recommended big ass boxes, they are ridicuous (I don't like the "give all your trunk for bass" style), and the power hungry they are which makes me think they are nothing near to efficient. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

That said, go with the JL a smaller and more practical box, and yes I know it's overpriced but it's within your choices. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/2thumbs.gif.fdc3ba010dbb42b61704534b46d02fe4.gif

well, your kinda looking at a double edged sword... you want it loud and you want lots of sq... the w7 is a great choice, but if you are looking at getting mutiple subs, or just the single sub, I would say get the 15" subs... granted the frequency responce is slow on most 15's, but it will give you more cone area... I guess it really all depends on how much you want to spend... the w7 is extremely expensive, but in my eyes well worth it when put in the correct box, if it matters to you, I would actually look at the new Diamond D9 TDX 15... extremely well made sub... very loud and SQ... wouldn't run you more than a 13 W7.. especially if your going to port the enclosure...

dunno though... I guess it's all up to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I honestly doubt you have the midbass to properly match up to anything mentioned thus far. If your bass completely "overpowers" your mids, then the goal of having a "sql" system is pretty much null and void.

But, regardless.......it all depends on how much room you have to spare, and how much power you wanna run.

well, your kinda looking at a double edged sword... you want it loud and you want lots of sq... the w7 is a great choice, but if you are looking at getting mutiple subs, or just the single sub, I would say get the 15" subs...
k, why should he get 15's?
granted the frequency responce is slow on most 15's,
you mean transient response? and USUALLY its not 'slow' on the 15, its more often than not, the box and power its applied with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

but it will give you more cone area...
what will? a w7?

I guess it really all depends on how much you want to spend... the w7 is extremely expensive, but in my eyes well worth it when put in the correct box,
have you heard of toxic tuans folded horn AV15 vs W7 car? he likes his avalanches better, and BOTH of them costed the same as ONE w7.

if it matters to you, I would actually look at the new Diamond D9 TDX 15... extremely well made sub... very loud and SQ... wouldn't run you more than a 13 W7.. especially if your going to port the enclosure...dunno though... I guess it's all up to you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the tdx is a great line, on par with the av15 and the w7. but this is w7 vs av thread ;D

check out the soundsplinter rl-s (soon to be released) if you have no money concerns. cheaper than a w7, better than a av15 or XXX. or wait until ascendant gets their new drivers in a month or two.

Well, REQ basically addressed most of the concerns I was going to address. Those are old wive's tales 95_eclipse...15's are no longer "muddier" than 10's... (for the most part, especially with these companies.)

isnt there another company that has the exact same sub as the AA Avalanche (or was it the XXX?)? the sub is made by the manufacturer and repackaged/sold by 2 companies. which sub was it again?
Completely incorrect, your are misinformed or making a horrible ASSumptions...

Anyways, with the price of the Avalanche's now...they would be my choice HANDS down. I mean...$225 for a 15 Avalanche...wouldn't be a tough decision for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Pineapple

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Pineapple
San Jose, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date