13.5w7 repair question

I have a 13.5" jl audio w7 tht has a blown voice coil where can I get this fixed and how much will it be
FixMyspeaker.com may be able to make a recone for it. I know they have done the 18" Solo X, which also uses a 3.5" coil, so they might have a coil that will fit that motor. Otherwise you can also go with JL themselves, but from what I heard recones are pretty expensive from them.

psi as far as i know, wont fix them. he can do the 12`s and down. jl is expensive and frankly hard to deal with. i was quoted 550.00 to recone a blown 13w7. and if you bought it from other then an authorized dealer, you have to have a new serial number produced by jl for it. add 50 bucks for that. plus all shipping. better off selling the blown one on ebay for 125 and getting another 13w7. nice subs, but they're voice coils are almost transparent they are so thin. definitly the weak point of them. hope that helps

i cant say one bad thing about the w7s beside they cost alot...they are a bad a$$ subs.. when there working/and hooked up proper that is.. the only time ive seen them blown or the voice coils get damage is when people hook them up to amp thats not made by jl audio or have them in a box that is not built to spec...in my daily driver i have 13w7 in a slot ported box built to jl specs ive had it hooked up for 6 or 7yrs to a tuned jl 1000/1 ive never had a problem..and the **** is way loud and crisp..

**any way you can by a good used one for cheaper then what jl audio wants to rebuild it**i dont think is worth fixing**even if PSI fixes it.. ive seen them used go for around $350-400 on craigslist..and you going to be paying around $300 to have PSI fix it after shipping it to them and back.. sell it on ebay and by a used one or something els..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.