12w6v2 not as load as others in its class??

bassaholic
10+ year member

Whats Jl stands for??
I keep hearing people saying these subs dont get that loud or not loud enough for their liking, compared to like the type r and other subs in its rms range i even heard squeak said that they play about 3 db or something like that more than the 12w3v2 to me that aint all that much dont yall think it has the patential to play loud and still triumph in sq?I personally own one and its pretty loud ported im worried if i put it in a seal box which i planning to do cause or space issue i will lose a ton of output.

I keep hearing people saying these subs dont get that loud or not loud enough for their liking, compared to like the type r and other subs in its rms range i even heard squeak said that they play about 3 db or something like that more than the 12w3v2 to me that aint all that much dont yall think it has the patential to play loud and still triumph in sq?I personally own one and its pretty loud ported im worried if i put it in a seal box which i planning to do cause or space issue i will lose a ton of output.
3db = twice as loud?

JLW6v2 leans more towards SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3db = twice as loud?
3db is "noticeable". Won't sound twice as loud, but it will be a noticeable difference.

I don't recall making that statement off-hand....but I may have, basing it off of the displacement specs for each sub. If I wasn't so lazy right now I'd look them up again...but I don't feel like it right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Anways....keep in mind that "loud" is a relative term. There are some people who don't consider "loud" to occur until close to 150db. To me, that's well beyond "loud"....that's insanity. Loud, to me, is where the subwoofer has the capability to have more output than necessary for a properly balanced system. If a subwoofer can do, then it's loud "enough", IMO. And the w6v2 has that capability.

Will it satisfy every basshead? Definitely not. Does it have more than enough to properly balance out a system? Sure does.

Guess it depends on which mindframe you fall into.

I have a w6 already aint got enuff room for two i just afraid of how much output ill lose by going seal wid this sub im not too much of a bass head but like to be able to bump up the bass a lil sometimes (like set off people car alarms) lol just kidding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

As a generality....ported gives an increase in output over the entire bandwidth of approxmiately 3db, with peaks as high as 6db - 9db centered around a narrow frequency range compared to sealed enclosures.

Obviously this relies completely on the design of both enclosures....but it should give you an idea of where you'll fall output wise switching to sealed.

my 12w6v2 sound better and hit lower then my 06 type R in my opinion both were in built 2 spec enclosures. On some songs the type R was "louder" but sounded like **** doing it thats why i got rid of it and kept my w6v2

like stated above ----the W6 is not designed for spl..it's an sq driver but it can get very loud in the right enviroment. i had 2 12" in my cutlass but took them out and put a XXX 15" back in because it just gets stupid loud in my cut.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.