12" LMS-R vs. Fi Q 12"

Adrasys
10+ year member

Im looking to change my sub setup in my 00' toyota corolla. Currently i have 2 12" SDC3 from Audioque. The weight is simply too much for my suspension. Im considering either a Fi Q or recently been looking into the Tc sounds LMS series. Im looking for a mostly SQ setup that can get decently loud. I have a single AQ1200 amp to power this.

Im not dead set on any particular brand so if there are any other 1000w subs under $300 im more than willing to hear about them

Im running a LMS-R 12" daily

great sub, will rock the **** out of your car and can play actual music like Norah Jones and The Eagles

2 cubes ported to 33hz is good for me. I was told 1.5 would be optimal for most music.

I usually run the sub at -5 daily and +6 when I want some heavy bass.

Im driving it with a nine.1 and its taking it fine, my drive is 30 min each way and it makes the drive much better than the Audiomobile sub I had before

exodus audio shivas are still on sale i think. DIYCable.com That'd be my choice in your case especially since the LMS is sold out. If you want the smooth bass you get with very low distortion those are two of the better options. Everythign else listed so far other than the XCON is a standard overhung motor. Nothing wrong with that, but if you really want clean bass then standard topologies dont' tend to cut it... XBL^2 and LMS just sound different than most stuff, if it's the sound you like it's hard to replace.

exodus audio shivas are still on sale i think. DIYCable.com That'd be my choice in your case especially since the LMS is sold out. If you want the smooth bass you get with very low distortion those are two of the better options. Everythign else listed so far other than the XCON is a standard overhung motor. Nothing wrong with that, but if you really want clean bass then standard topologies dont' tend to cut it... XBL^2 and LMS just sound different than most stuff, if it's the sound you like it's hard to replace.
x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Adrasys

10+ year member
Adrasys
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from