12 or 15" HD3??? worth the extra space??

5.0coug
10+ year member

Maryland
i just bought a 97 acura cl (same as 2 door accord of the same year) and am set on a hd3 (really want a si D2 but D2s seem hard to find) but am undecided on the size..the $$ difference isnt an issue but ive never seen (in person) a properly built 15" ported box so im not sure if i can squeeze it in there. i got plenty of width and lenth to work with but not much height..

basically asking if its worth it to get the 15 when i know i wont be able to have the most optimal box or would i be better off with a 12 in a properly built box. i know its all in the install but was wondering if the 15 would edge the 12 out with the displacement. thanks

i just bought a 97 acura cl (same as 2 door accord of the same year) and am set on a hd3 (really want a si D2 but D2s seem hard to find) but am undecided on the size..the $$ difference isnt an issue but ive never seen (in person) a properly built 15" ported box so im not sure if i can squeeze it in there. i got plenty of width and lenth to work with but not much height..

basically asking if its worth it to get the 15 when i know i wont be able to have the most optimal box or would i be better off with a 12 in a properly built box. i know its all in the install but was wondering if the 15 would edge the 12 out with the displacement. thanks
12 = more wow factor

12 w/ correct size box > 15 w/ too small of a box

if you have at least 3.5 net, i'd go with the 15...

are you talking about the si mag? they all D2.

and you would be surprised at the output of the 12" HD3. mine gets pretty loud in a 2 cube box. i'm sure if you give it ~2.5 or 3 cubes it would definately be loud enough for you.

I would go with the single 15 because I know you have the space, either or you wont be upset with either choice, and I happen to have a pair of brand new 15s for sale....

the extra cost isnt a factor i just dont want to half ass this system with to small of a box, ive blown 17 low end subs trying to baby them with my xtant 1001x and finally got the extra cash to get something worth connecting..thanks for the advice and im defintly going with a 15.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.