'12 Mazda 3, Stereo cuts out. Dealership told me my amp draws too much power? 800w

Participant count
  • Participant list

viwil

Currently installed/Install date

August 2016:

Kicker 40KX800.5

JL Audio C2-570x (Rear)

Focal 165 AS (Front)

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 Subs x2

November 2016:

Pioneer AVH-4300

The stereo runs great until I let off the gas (while in gear) then the system cuts out (amp/sound) deck/lights remain on. After clutching or touching the throttle the system comes back. Isolated the cutting out to the Amp shutting itself down due to a voltage spike 15-19v. This spike only happens in the cold

Issues accorded Prior to deck install, original thought was the stock deck was going out.

I am told the stock Alternator should not have an issue with a 800w amp.

I get a voltage range of 11-19v, but idles steady 13.6-13.9v despite engine RPM (tested 600-4500)

Things I have done:

December 15th 2016 I replaced the battery

March 9th 2017 I took the car to the dealership to get tested. (came back as Amp is drawing too much power)

Taken it in to the Stereo shop to check the installation

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.