10w6v2 Pics

Participant count
  • Participant list
cimg03826aa.th.jpg

I like that pic a lot

dood thats a HOT sub man...wats it sound like?
Has to be the most natural sounding sub I've heard. I threw everything I had at it from test tones to alternative, rock, rap, pop. The responce is so smooth in the sealed box. It's not to shabby on the SPL either. It has decent output, but the SQ is overwhelming. Actually sounds better than the XXX.

I'm going to build a ported box for it and test it out. See how it effects the SQ side while gaining output.

My advice on the ported 10w6v2. I agree the w6v2 subs are the most natural sounding subwoofer I have ever heard and they do get pretty loud.. But take my advice for what it is worth.. I feel it is a crime to put the w6v2 in a ported box.. I built one to jl specs and It was Really loud(2 12w6v2) But to me it sounded like any other 12 in a ported box... That natural sound was gone.. But DAM>> it was Loud...I had two of them off of one 500/1 jl amp.. Well I am just voiceing my opinon(I am very pickey about sound quality) Dont get me wrong they sound good ported, but not even close to how they sound sealed.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Well I just ported it to JL's recommended specs. First off port noise is apparant, but was expected. JL needs to take a look at their box recs. SQ drops at higher excursion/volume. Still a very capable driver. But my XXX retains amazing SQ at high excursion. Out put increased a large amount also as expected.

I think in a box with an adjusted port, for area and tunning it can be amazing ported. But going off of JL's specs not impressed in the SQ department. Probably will need to be tunned around 30hz. This takes away from the advantage of having more cabin room with a smaller box.

Overall I love the driver and belive sealed it is one of the best sounding subs I have heard. Still have to determine if I want to give up the XXX for it though:crap:

If I decide to keep it, I'll be carpeting it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.