$10 to the person who figures this out - Something is very not right

Participant count
  • Participant list

chaz7979
10+ year member

boston
Here is my situation. I wired a new head unit the other day (JVC digifine ssh55) and it worked great. Then today I wired my amp and sub and it worked for a good minute then I it went bwoop (sound), when I tried to tuck in the wires (rca, power, grounds, signal) and everthing died. First I checked all the fuses and nothing was blown. Then I removed the rca cables and signal wire from the receiver and tried to turn on just the receiver and it wouldn't turn on. It would eject a cd or move the position of the face plate but it would not play anything. I tried hitting the reset button but that didn't do anything either, it would just power up for a second then shut back off again. Thinking the head unit blew some how I removed the new head unit and replaced it with my trusty old jvc head unit....to my dismay it did the same thing. It ejected a cd but would not stay powered up. It would power up for a second then shut itself off just like the other unit. Has anyone had this happen to them? Does anyone know what is wrong here? If so any Idea what caused it? Please help. I will make a $10 paypal donation to anyone that can lead me to how to fix it :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.