10" SSA Dcon 10d4 SQ box type recommendation?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Joseph7195
10+ year member

Walkin Tall
I have read many reviews and personal experiences with these subs, so I am hoping someones personal experience with them can help me. I have bought a 10D4 for SQ purposes, and I am torn between box types. I have the recommended space for the recommended sizes .9 sealed and 1.25 for ported, I could even go as far as saying I have enough room for a transmission line box. I have plenty of power for it, and a very good processor, I really wanted to know if someones heard them in different boxes and which ones have impressed them most. The speaker is already on its way, I just don't know what type of box to build for this particular Sub.

I REALLY like a ported box. I am still trying to keep my mind open on a sealed box too though. It's really hard considering the flexibility of port designs and being able to zero in on specific frequency ranges. I appreciate your help Bassin Buick!! I got a family now, so i had to cut down on shows and i don't get to see many subs in action anymore.

well i have no input on a sealed box because i haven't heard one of these subs sealed yet. but they sound sweet ported. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Should I worry about port turbulance noise? It's gonna be located between the front two seats facing the dash. I haven't had a round port in forever. Square port would be so deep and have so many turns (because the box is only 1.25 cubic feet) that it would make it very very involved to build.

Awesome suggestion Goalie! A VERY VERY inexpensive solution to that problem. With the vinyl coverings, the wood, and the speaker and port, this build should be very reasonable at about $200 bucks!! In all my years in car audio, "inexpensive" is a word that has rarely been used!! I am gonna post some pics too. I am hoping all turns out well.

One last question. The box is a typical wedge enclosure, 1.26 cubic foot, 3/4 birch. Does it matter where I put the port? I was gonna put it in a lower corner blowing out the back of the box toward the backseat (Speaker facing ). I was also thinking of putting it on top of the box and using the armrest to change port-air resistance. Any cool suggestions from anyone?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.